Subject: Premium Gaming Mat Campaign Ends Tuesday! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Jensen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soon after I starting gaming, I realized that playing on tables is a little frustrating. Single cards are hard to pick up. Tiles never sit still. Dice are loud.

I searched and searched and last year found the Quiver Gaming Mat. It's awesome! It has some problems, however. The surface is felt, so sleeved cards catch on it. The rubber back is pretty firm, so when you unroll it, it keeps its curved shape until you reverse roll it. The manufacturer didn't cut it to the correct dimensions.

A campaign for the second generation Quiver Gaming Mat is currently running on Kickstarter and it solves all my problems. It looks like it is going to be the perfect gaming mat. The surface is suede, instead of felt. The backing is a custom material that doesn't retain its shape. The manufacturer is better.

By backing this project, you'll save 33% off the future MSRP. It is going to be worth every penny and you'll have no regrets getting one. The campaign ends Tuesday at 8 pm Pacific time. You don't want to miss out on this!

I'm not in anyway affiliated with the creator. I'm a backer who really, really wants one of these mats.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/696931192/quiver-gaming...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Their support seems to have dropped massively from their first KS to the current one. Did they have lots of quality issues from their first run? You mentioned a couple of issues in your own post and I'm wondering if their "fans" are upset with them. Or is it just that the majority of their original backers didn't feel the need to upgrade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Jensen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first KS funded at $5k. The new one funds at $46k because the new mat is made of a new material, unique to this mat, which requires a pretty big minimum order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Patrick

Medford
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figure that for the price of 1-4 games, depending on the size of mat you get, you are getting a quality product that you will use with every game you play for many years to come. What's not to like?cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthopper wrote:
I figure that ... you are getting a quality product...

You'd better bloody hope so at that price!

I'd love one really, but I don't really need it, so at $160 after shipping it works out very expensive. I think my wife would hurt me if I said I'd just spent £120 on a single mat.

Currently I use 2 rolls of drawer liners when i think the game will benefit from it. They do the job, although I'm always on the look out for something more fitted to my table. Just not this expensive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wagglybean wrote:
darthopper wrote:
I figure that ... you are getting a quality product...

You'd better bloody hope so at that price!

I paid $24 shipped for this extra thick 72" x 36" Yoga Mat and want for nothing in the table covering department.

Originally thought I would be cutting it into two 3" square mats but found that having it hang down the sides is fine. The full length is great when I open up the table leaves to accommodate extra large games and/or up to 8 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.