Lee Benson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
...and I'm back in the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
IDEA
The players are stunt performers attempting to earn the most money performing outrageous movie stunts. They do this by selecting a card from the array and attempting to complete it by dropping meeples onto the table. The more meeples they drop, the higher the chance of getting injured and losing out on jobs and money. As players complete stunts, they earn money and skill. Skill can be used to perform other stunts. Money can be used to buy drugs and booze to fake your way through, to pay for costly hospital visits or to train and upgrade your skills.

GAMEPLAY

Each player has a skills board that uses a d6 to show 3 stats:
- Dexterity
- Strength
- Skill

4 stunt cards are placed on the table. These require different qualifications. E.g. Get Thrown Through a Window requires 2 Dexterity, 3 Strength and 1 Nerve.

You must have at least those numbers on your skills board in order to attempt the stunt. If you're short, you can spend money to either temporarily or permanently boost a stat.

When you attempt a stunt, you drop meeples into the gamebox. A certain number of them have to fall onto a particular side for you to pass the stunt. If you pass, you earn money (points) and a bonus to a skill stat. Whether you pass or fail, you get injuries depending on how the meeples fall.

WHAT I LIKE
I like dropping meeples and treating each drop result differently. I think the mechanic is fun and I haven't really seen it used before.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE
The game is pretty luck heavy, and winning or losing generally depends on how well you "roll."

WHAT I WANT TO DO
Build a stronger game where the meeple drop is just one of many mechanics in the game.

HOW YOU CAN HELP
If anyone has any thoughts, I would love to hear them. If you would like some info on the rules or cards, I would be glad to post that as well. I haven't developed many games, so I'm not sure just how much to show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Benson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
...and I'm back in the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried playing a game where each player plays as a different role:
Director
Stunt Performer
Doctor
Trainer

It was interesting, but I'm not sure that (for the required effort) that there are enough interesting choices for every role. The idea of having different objectives is fun, however, and I would like to come back to it at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.