Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Heasley
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear, I can use Rapid Mobilization after my Rebel Base is revealed? I get moving ships to the revealed rebel base system, but what about choosing a new base entirely?

Also, when choosing to move ships to the rebel base space/system (physical location depending on reveal status), do I need to be concerned with transport capacity of the units that are moving?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can move your base once it's revealed.

If moving ships with RM, you must meet all regular move requirements, except adjacency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a general rule, all forms of movement must follow the restrictions on movement unless specifically bypassed. This includes:

• Units cannot leave a system with one of their leaders in it.
• Units can only move to adjacent systems.
• Units that require transport capacity require units to transport them to move too.
• Units that are immobile cannot move.

Note that Rapid Mobilization cannot move units to the revealed Rebel base's system, as that option on Rapid Mobilization cannot be taken if the Rebel base is revealed. As Scott says, when the base is hidden, Rapid Mobilization removes only the adjacency restriction, so the other restrictions above still count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Heasley
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both so much!

I wonder what the reasons are for being able to move the rebel base even after its reveal? I think it is thematically appropriate as well as provides balance against the strength and spread of the Empire. It seems like after the reveal, the Rebels can change the base but will have a harder and harder time as more probe cards come out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game would be broken if you couldn't move the base after it was revealed, quite simply. It would take a lot of the urgency out of the Empire's planning as currently you have to plan to hit the base HARD as soon as you find it, where if it couldn't move after being revealed, you would have some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus, thematically it makes perfect sense. Hoth, at the very least, was "revealed" when they moved the base, and you could make an argument that Yavin was as well.

If you couldn't move once the base is revealed, that would mean that once revealed, the Rebels can never move again, since the only way to hide a revealed base IS to move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saro Gumusyan

New York
msg tools
mb
Clipper wrote:
As a general rule, all forms of movement must follow the restrictions on movement unless specifically bypassed. This includes:

• Units that require transport capacity require units to transport them to move too.

Note that Rapid Mobilization cannot move units to the revealed Rebel base's system, as that option on Rapid Mobilization cannot be taken if the Rebel base is revealed. As Scott says, when the base is hidden, Rapid Mobilization removes only the adjacency restriction, so the other restrictions above still count.

This question came up in PFB008, I'd like to confirm if ground units need to be carried by ship to the base. Seems like they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darth Coupon wrote:
Clipper wrote:

This question came up in PFB008, I'd like to confirm if ground units need to be carried by ship to the base. Seems like they do.

Yes; the card doesn't say otherwise, so regular transport requirements would be needed. The only exception is that adjacency doesn't matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chiddicks
msg tools
theasley wrote:
Thank you both so much!

I wonder what the reasons are for being able to move the rebel base even after its reveal? I think it is thematically appropriate as well as provides balance against the strength and spread of the Empire. It seems like after the reveal, the Rebels can change the base but will have a harder and harder time as more probe cards come out.

Well that actually HAPPENED in the movies - twice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.