$30.00
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dropped and broke my iPhone 5 yesterday so Ill be buying a new phone soon. I have TMobile and have tried iOS, Windows, and Android and loved the Android one most, so Ill be getting an Android Smartphone again.

I narrowed it down to these two (they are ranked #3 and #4 on Amazon's Unlocked Phones Bestsellers lists):

BLU Advance 5.0 for $60 (ranked #4)
https://www.amazon.com/BLU-Advance-5-0-Unlocked-Smartphone/d...

BLU R1 HD 8GB for $100 (ranked #3 but the 16GB model is ranked #1)
https://www.amazon.com/BLU-R1-HD-Exclusive-Lockscreen/dp/B01...

I am leaning toward the $60 one because it sounds decent and like itll serve my functions well enough. If you are curious what I do on my phone:

- Google Chrome/Firefox for a decent bit of web browsing
- Free Books app for reading books on the go
- Text/Call

These are the main three things I do and I dont think I truly need it for anything else. Which would you recommend considering I'm on an extremely tight budget? (Nothing over $100 and even $100 is a bit much imo)

EDIT: I think this is a comparator site if that helps: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/BLU-R1-HD,BLU-Advan...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
The price on both of them is pretty great, that's for sure.

I'd go with the BLU R1 HD. The 5.0 has only 0.75GB of RAM. That's not much, some apps will run slowly or not at all with that. The R1 HD has 2GB, which is pretty good (and great for that price). So I think down the road you'll have fewer frustrations with the $100 model.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Lola Cat 2010-2014
mbmbmbmbmb
I talked a sales rep into selling me the Samsung Edge 7 (or whatever it's called) for $70, although I had to sign up for a two-year plan. Still, at a regular price of $1000, I got a deal, and from what I can tell, a very good phone.

Also, I can now take it swimming as it's water-resistant (just kidding - I'm not going to take that risk).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Flux
United Kingdom
Cropwell Bishop
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
futhee wrote:
I talked a sales rep into selling me the Samsung Edge 7 (or whatever it's called) for $70, although I had to sign up for a two-year plan. Still, at a regular price of $1000, I got a deal, and from what I can tell, a very good phone.

Also, I can now take it swimming as it's water-resistant (just kidding - I'm not going to take that risk).

how much are you paying per month for it over those 2 years?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.