8 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » News

Subject: No Power in the 'Verse - new comic from Dark Horse announced rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/20/dark-horse-serenity-com...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More Firefly is always nice, but man is that some terrible artwork in the sample. I know people will claim it is "stylized" but it just looks like something a high school student would doodle in their notebook, not something that a professional artist should be charging people for copies of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm just happy they changed writers so Joss's kid brother doesn't ruin yet another story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although some of the artwork has been hit and miss, I'm thrilled that Dark Horse is continuing to release Serinty/Firefly comics. The stories have been entertaining and it keeps the universe 'alive'.

Dark Horse have also been kind enough to release the collected 'trade' versions of the stories in matching hardcover binding. They sit nicely with any brown-coat's collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mudd Grizzly

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmb
Anyone else pick it up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
badge
Ten percent of nothing is, let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mudd Grizzly wrote:
Anyone else pick it up?

Ohh I'm off to check it out.

Back from the online store and downloading now. I ended buying the other two titles I hadn't picked up too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mudd Grizzly

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmb
It's still early, but I'm hoping we see some fan versions of new characters.

My first thought was that Guanyin could have been Sheydra instead, to pull in a character from the movie (even if just a deleted scene). But on the other hand, I'm really happy to see more Asian characters in the Verse. I'm guessing Ceres will become important later. I'd love to see more of House Madrassa, but I can imagine it quickly becoming too many Companions for the game. Maybe Sheydra or Guanyin could become a Leader.

Mericourt seems like she'll be a significant character too. And maybe Malachi. Who knows?

Depending on where this series goes, folks may want to revisit cards for Iris and Bea. Or even Emma?

Edit: Just remembered that Magistrate Higgins has a job called, "Dirt Nap: Fetch Malachi!" Probably just a coincidence, but that's kind of neat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.