Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Barksdale
United States
Glenwood Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
I'm in a game that I THINK I'm going to win for the first time ever. I'm not a novice player, so I think this question is reserved for people that want to have a go at the rules set to 11.

Look at your map. The brown/greenish position color to the eastern flank of Red 3 is D6-8 and D13. I have ONE Japanese unit at the Position D7. The rest of it is empty. I have the R order for Resupply. Here's my question: If I am going to do orders for a position in a group like that, I understand that it is occupied because one of the positions is occupied. That said, what do I use? Do I use the "Occupied, field of fire" or Unoccupied" for the REST of the positions in that group?

I'm in D6, D7 is unoccupied as is D13, but then D8 is occupied by a single unit. When the "R" was drawn, it is Resupply for the occupied unit (it's Turn 10, so the unit does NOT draw depth and then fire). However, here is where the funny business comes in. What do you do when the order is for unoccupied area? In that case, the order is to draw for depth and/or fire. The problem is obviously that areas by themselves don't just draw for depth without a unit.

So, again, what do I do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane P
United States
South Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
R means different things to different individual positions, even in a multi-hex position group. For the unit in the position already, it is resupply or redeploy. For the empty position hexes in the same group, it can only be 'Reinforce ' (and even then, only for zones D-F; otherwise it is no action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Barksdale
United States
Glenwood Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Dane. For the EMPTY position, then I don't reinforce--it's just NO action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane P
United States
South Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Assuming there are no Americans within 2 hexes, that would be correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Heliodorus04 wrote:
R means different things to different individual positions, even in a multi-hex position group. For the unit in the position already, it is resupply or redeploy. For the empty position hexes in the same group, it can only be 'Reinforce ' (and even then, only for zones D-F; otherwise it is no action.

This is not quite correct. One position or position group will only ever do one action. If any of the hexes in the group is occupied by Japanese units, the whole group is considered occupied and you will not Reinforce (or Muster) any empty hexes no matter what.

From an earlier thread:
Re: unoccupied :position hex v. position group

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane P
United States
South Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Deleted because I learned to click links

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.