GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

10,167 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM

Subject: Trying to start a new Beta Test of my Empire Builder game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stewart Davies
msg tools
Looking to test my new 1820 start, "Competitive" FRP Empire Builder game.
I would like to have 15-30 players willing to either travel to the Chicago Suburbs, or play by e-mail to test the mechanics of both the Character Attribute Points distribution and use system and the game mechanics. The start date is set at 1820, far enough into the industrial age to be interesting and still be familiar to most people.
Each Character has 13 Attributes, each of which gives it's owner the ability to perform feats and tasks. The "Average" 50th %tile American, or Western European Player-Character would have a score of 18 points in each of 12 Attributes and an "Appearance" between 0-10. If your score was less, or more than 18, you would be smaller/weaker/slower, or larger/stronger/faster. The twelve functional attribute scoring system is based on the U.S. Army's historical population data broken down into 36 fractions. Things like Strength and Speed have hard values that relate to actual numbers. The others relate to relative areas between players like Intellect and Charisma. Bigger numbers mean more power at whatever attribute you are measuring.
Each player gets $50,000.00, 324 Attribute Points and a D9 Die role for appearance to start the game. Points and money can be exchanged before the start at a rate of 4( Four) Points per 1% of starting funds, or Vice Verse. ( IE, get 40 extra Attribute points for 10% less starting funds, or take 40 less Attribute Points and get 10% more starting funds!)
I am eager to put up $500.00 in prize money, 50% distributed by the players scoring each other and the other 50% by their hard scores based on their empires, if I can get 15 players willing to spend at least 2 hours per night at real time E-Mail, or 8 hours per weekend, for three weekends in September, if not sooner. ($80-60-40-20 for 1st-2nd-3rd-4th in each half of the score above and $100.00 more for the overall winner!)
Willing to change this if we can all agree to a different distribution of prize money?
If you are interested, please write for more info and send any suggestions as to what career path you think would yield the fastest rate of growth in three areas, Prestige, Wealth and Power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.