Subject: I need a nice box for the Stalingrad expansion. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Farrell
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am trying to find a nice box to put the Stalingrad expansion in. I haven't found one so far. The plain brown cardboard box it came in does not do it justice. The base game is way too full to hold any more than it does, which I consider a good thing. Still I would like to find a nice box a decorate it with printed scenes from that great battle. Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pultorak
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have the entire games counters into the DVG Games deep tray.

www.dvg.com/deep_dish_counter200.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://images.dvg.com/www.dvg.com/deep_dish_counter200.jpg

www.dvg.com/deep-dish-counter-ss.gif" rel="nofollow">http://images.dvg.com/www.dvg.com/deep-dish-counter-ss.gif

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I simply put it in the OST basic game box. I use a plano for the counters....

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pultorak
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The third Stalingrad board does take up a lot of space and the cover doesn't go all the way down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe C Faust
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just keep the maps in the OST box and keep everything else (with counters in GMT trays) in a Sterilite container.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Farrell
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I guess no one knows where to find a nice box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Bing
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
a thousand words are better
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try an office supply (Staples) or craft (Michael's) store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is very easy to make the box deeper by cutting strips of cardboard, from a shipping box, of the desired depth and folding them where the corners would be. Not pretty, but functional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Farrell
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rjb9000 wrote:
Try an office supply (Staples) or craft (Michael's) store.

I have looked at Michael's and they do have some nice boxes but not big enough. I haven't tried Staples yet. I did find a real nice box at Walmart for some ziplock bag games. Again that would not be big enough in this case. Gift boxes come in lots of big sizes but they are really flimsy as they are considered disposable. There are also shipping boxes but they are corrugated cardboard and look cheap compared to a nice game box. I might try to make one from scratch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
msg tools
mbmb
Idea 1: How about buy a blank standard game box and decorate to hold the rules, charts, and pieces? Store the Stalingrad map in the OST box, where it now fits.

It is definitely easier to buy a standard size box than an OST size box.

Idea 2: see if flying pig will sell you an empty OST box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Farrell
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
d2necro wrote:
Idea 1: How about buy a blank standard game box and decorate to hold the rules, charts, and pieces? Store the Stalingrad map in the OST box, where it now fits.

It is definitely easier to buy a standard size box than an OST size box.

Idea 2: see if flying pig will sell you an empty OST box.

If flying pig sold me an extra box, that would be awesome. That's the best idea yet.

Your other idea would work well also. I guess I have just been thinking that the expansion should have it's own box. If it's all on the table like mine is now it doesn't matter. But if you went somewhere you would have the option of taking/not taking the expansion. If you combine everything into a box and tray or a big box and smaller box, then you have to take both.

The game is just so big it creates these wonderful problems. And it's only going to get worse when vol. II comes out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carrington
msg tools
Hey Jim,

Try the USPS. They have a 12"+ x 15"+ x 3" box which should work. Measure your boards to confirm though. Not elegant but price effective.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.