1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » News

Subject: Launch announcements rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
http://startrek.gf9games.com/Home/tabid/56/entryid/113/Defau...

So nothing special at the launch, EXCEPT for 3 space station tokens. Only one for each species.

I really want them, but with only one for each is it worth it?

Oh, also some codes for STO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonder what the space station miniatures are used for? Or do they not serve any purpose in the game? If not, the cards seem to be the most valuable and those appear to be in all first print copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
You put the space station miniatures on the space station tokens, that's why they have a curved base. It's more for looks than anything else.

They have said that if your retailer already has the the preordered, than they will include the anniversary cards as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks for the info. I pre-ordered through CoolStuffInc and I'm assuming I'll probably get the cards but probably not get the space station minis. But, I expect those will come out someday as a retail item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, I preordered at my LCS and hope that I'll get the cards as well!

I really hope the space stations do get made for sale. It will probably be based on game sales. Ve been hoping that they would make some, it's the whole reason I did that other post on space station tokens. It's the only obvious accessory besides the playmat they mentioned in a post and more ships, nodes, cards, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Starbase mini's - Great.

Until you add other factions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This announcement held nothing of interest to me, since I cannot attend either of those two events, and will not be buying the starbase miniatures for the (I'm predicting) $50 apiece that they'll be going for on eBay.

I really wish they had given us a street date for those of us who ordered the game through our FLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:
http://startrek.gf9games.com/Home/tabid/56/entryid/113/Defau...

So nothing special at the launch, EXCEPT for 3 space station tokens. Only one for each species.

I really want them, but with only one for each is it worth it?

Well, this is an interesting surprise. GF9 was going to be one of my first stops, but this Gen Con preorder could change things.
I do have some concerns though. The preorder page doesn't have any information about how you will pickup your game as far as I can tell. Do you just show up at the booth and whip out your order form?
Also, I'm still holding out hope they will have some Cardassian expansions and possibly a starfield playmat available. Clearly, neither of these two items are available for preorder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really thrilled that GF9 is doing this. With so many things to hit first thing on Thursday, it's a huge help when retailers let you place pre-orders.

The resin starbase miniatures are pretty sweet too. I wonder if we'll see versions for other factions sold later, like the ship upgrades for Firefly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
I'm really thrilled that GF9 is doing this. With so many things to hit first thing on Thursday, it's a huge help when retailers let you place pre-orders.

Agreed!

I just placed my pre-order. It's a HUGE bonus to be able to knock this must-buy off my Thursday morning checklist. Now I can just pick it up at my leisure, though I'll still probably get it sometime Thursday, just to be safe.

I would have done this pre-order without the resin minis, but I guess they're a nice bonus. I'll probably end up selling mine to offset the game cost, but I'll make that decision later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The resin minis are nice, but only one of each? Plus, they aren't colored, so they'll stand out if used in-game. I'd prefer if they did this promotion to its full effect, or make it available as a game accessory for later retail purchase.

GF9, make it so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:
The resin minis are nice, but only one of each? Plus, they aren't colored, so they'll stand out if used in-game. I'd prefer if they did this promotion to its full effect, or make it available as a game accessory for later retail purchase.

GF9, make it so!

Does it specifically say one of each?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
tommygunn2011 wrote:

GF9, make it so!

Quote:
As well as this you will also get a special resin pack of three Starbases, one of each race.

I'd be pretty shocked if they didn't eventually make it to a retail release. I'm not terribly familiar with GF9, but I think every Firefly promotional item eventually ended up being sold from their store?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DB
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:

STO is still a thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dpbush wrote:
John1701 wrote:

STO is still a thing?

It is doing okay. About to be out on consoles as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i do hope these starbases will make it to retail.

the grey color is fine as starbases can end up being controlled by other factions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamshadow wrote:
dpbush wrote:
John1701 wrote:

STO is still a thing?

It is doing okay. About to be out on consoles as well.

I've debated a few times about trying it out. But if they are coming out on consoles, heaven help the current player base! Hope they are going to divide the servers between PC and Console gamers. Mixing never goes well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Towns
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be honest, the biggest benefit to preordering for me is avoiding the line of death and fighting off legions of warboys to get a copy. Now that I've preordered I can just get in line and grab my game in relative peace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
So Miniature Marky has it set to release in August. I've ponied up my cash to preorder so any word on when in August it's set to launch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
So Miniature Marky has it set to release in August. I've ponied up my cash to preorder so any word on when in August it's set to launch?

Last official word was "August/September", and they haven't said anything explicit to contradict that.

However!

Somewhere, I'm certain, I saw an interview/article where they said that the game would be released "a couple weeks" after GenCon, which would place it on the weekend of the 20th. I can't for the life of me remember where I saw that statement, though. It wasn't on GF9's website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:

Last official word was "August/September", and they haven't said anything explicit to contradict that.

However!

Somewhere, I'm certain, I saw an interview/article where they said that the game would be released "a couple weeks" after GenCon, which would place it on the weekend of the 20th. I can't for the life of me remember where I saw that statement, though. It wasn't on GF9's website.

Hope you're right about August and not September.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I tell ya what, though. Whenever it comes out, my weekly RPG group will be taking a break.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
I tell ya what, though. Whenever it comes out, my weekly RPG group will be taking a break.

I know the rest of my BG collection will be taking a break as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
tommygunn2011 wrote:

GF9, make it so!

Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
Novacat wrote:

I know the rest of my BG collection will be taking a break as well

I specifically keep my current RPG bi-weekly so that I'll have time for this when it comes out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.