Subject: Couple of question w expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
randall fischer

Warren
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. So is the only way to bid for Conan now to play a story card and be successful (besides start of game and at the end of age)? The expansion rules seem to say so but then go on to say but not when Conan reaches his destination. He doesn't complete an adventure when arriving at his destination anyhow, so this is really confusing. I can't find clarification one way or another.

2. The base rules talk about pulling adventure tokens from the left, the expansion rules say right. Are all adventure tokens just taken from the right or not? Just seems seems silly to pull from right and left like the rules say for actions like the Conan action (for not Conan controlling player)?

3. Do spies continue to provide a bonus so long as you are taking an action in that territory or are they a one shot? We figured one shot.

4. Also, does the Conan player still draw an adventure tile if Conan is at his destination when his turn comes around? The base rules say this but the expansion rules leave it out when describing the Conan and non Conan player turn sequence. We assumed the Conan controlling player stil gets the tile at the start of his turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Flores
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my take (just opinions):

1. That's the way I'm playing it - bid on story card play only. I also still play that if Conan is at his destination by the time the last token is taken then the Conan player still gets a random draw from the bag.

Consequently - story card resolution takes quite a bit of time: Play story card, assemble dice pool, bribe conan for more dice, resolve test (and don't forget to move the mood marker spaces = successes), THEN bid on conan. Just seems like a significant game pause - so much so that it might be good to move the first player marker to the player of the story card so that everyone remembers who's turn it is after it's all said and done.

2. I don't think it matters - pick a direction and stick with it I say. I thought I saw this in the FAQ somewhere...

3. One shot

4. That's how I play it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.