Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

This may be asking a lot, but here goes. Is there any chance of doing an update for the planes that include extra / different colored gun dice to include a second performance ruler, with those optional dice included? That would make it a lot easier to keep track of.

Also, not nearly as important, would you consider making some generic speed counters, possibly some for each nationality (that should be sufficient, but including them for each plane would rock out). The energy counters for unused elements can suffice, but there's potential for confusion there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
Is there any chance of doing an update for the planes that include extra / different colored gun dice to include a second performance ruler, with those optional dice included? That would make it a lot easier to keep track of.

I think it's quite simple to print a second ruler and color some "dice box" in red with a felt pen (consequently ignoring the printed bonus).

Quote:
Also, not nearly as important, would you consider making some generic speed counters, possibly some for each nationality (that should be sufficient, but including them for each plane would rock out). The energy counters for unused elements can suffice, but there's potential for confusion there.

Atm I'm a bit busy, but I could do something myself in the following weeks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabbi wrote:
[q="fatgreta"]Is there any chance of doing an update for the planes that include extra / different colored gun dice to include a second performance ruler, with those optional dice included? That would make it a lot easier to keep track of.

I think it's quite simple to print a second ruler and color some "dice box" in red with a felt pen (consequently ignoring the printed bonus).

I just used a red felt pen and colored in 1/2 of a dice box on my performance ruler to show it needed it. I like that optional rule, as well as the high-deflection shot one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
topman1 wrote:
Gabbi wrote:
[q="fatgreta"]Is there any chance of doing an update for the planes that include extra / different colored gun dice to include a second performance ruler, with those optional dice included? That would make it a lot easier to keep track of.

I just used a red felt pen and colored in 1/2 of a dice box on my performance ruler to show it needed it. I like that optional rule, as well as the high-deflection shot one.

I will give that a try, not sure how it will work for planes that are getting an added die but worth a go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just put together a card that could be used as an alt method to track Energy and Speed. What do you think?

It should be printed the size of a standard poker card, so you can sleeve it (or simply apply clear tape) and use a "dry erase" pen to mark and unmark boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's very nice.nHighly portable, can be used with any plane type. Very nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabbi wrote:
I've just put together a card that could be used as an alt method to track Energy and Speed. What do you think?

It should be printed the size of a standard poker card, so you can sleeve it (or simply apply clear tape) and use a "dry erase" pen to mark and unmark boxes.

Very Nice. Maybe remove the 262 name and graphic and use something to represent T.A.C. in general? Since this same card can be used for any set of planes there is no reason to make a copy for each plane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or leave a blank space for me plane type, so we can choose to make a couple weeks f generic copies or print one for each plane type as we like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamePlayer wrote:
Maybe remove the 262 name and graphic and use something to represent T.A.C. in general? Since this same card can be used for any set of planes there is no reason to make a copy for each plane.

You're right. Something like this could do?

To Do list:

- do version with bombs/torpedoes in place of energy, for bombers
- do version with all three tracks, for dive bombers
- improve aesthetics (centering, background image, etc. - searched for a pd image of metal paneling, but found nothing)
- make page with nine cards for printing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabbi wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:
Maybe remove the 262 name and graphic and use something to represent T.A.C. in general? Since this same card can be used for any set of planes there is no reason to make a copy for each plane.

You're right. Something like this could do?

To Do list:

- improve aesthetics (centering, background image, etc. - searched for a pd image of metal paneling, but found nothing)

Like this idea, what of the to do list have you gotten to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Nelson
msg tools
Quote:

If these were made larger, small objects (glass beads, coins) could be used rather than drawing and erasing. This would require at about a half-page for one

I have metal paneling images if you'd like some: shiny aluminum, stainless, rusted, checkerplate, chipped painted, galvanized etc. One of my best textures was made by photographing dirty cookie sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kishkumen wrote:
Quote:

If these were made larger, small objects (glass beads, coins) could be used rather than drawing and erasing. This would require at about a half-page for one

I have metal paneling images if you'd like some: shiny aluminum, stainless, rusted, checkerplate, chipped painted, galvanized etc. One of my best textures was made by photographing dirty cookie sheets.

That's true, but having a playing card sized version, either sleeved or printed on material that allows for dry erasing, would be great for on the go games. I currently lug all of my planes around when I go to work, in a gym bag of sorts. When I have long enough breaks I bust some planes out and play. Given that I currently weight all my planes and counters on pennies (working on that) it's a heavy and clink-prone bag. A playing card sized version of this item would reduce a lot of bulk and weight.

Not that anyone else is geeky enough to carry all their planes around with them, but...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
Kishkumen wrote:
Quote:

That's true, but having a playing card sized version, either sleeved or printed on material that allows for dry erasing, would be great for on the go games. I currently lug all of my planes around when I go to work, in a gym bag of sorts. When I have long enough breaks I bust some planes out and play. Given that I currently weight all my planes and counters on pennies (working on that) it's a heavy and clink-prone bag. A playing card sized version of this item would reduce a lot of bulk and weight.

Not that anyone else is geeky enough to carry all their planes around with them, but...

:-) You must be rich, I only keep the coins in while playing. Not-in-use planes don't have a cent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that's why I went from nickels to pennies, so I could glue them in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Nelson
msg tools
I keep running out of coins. I've used a whole roll of nickels from the bank, and have used up every penny in the house. I glue mine in as well, using Tacky Glue.

Steel fender washers are ideal for bombers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kishkumen wrote:
I keep running out of coins. I've used a whole roll of nickels from the bank, and have used up every penny in the house. I glue mine in as well, using Tacky Glue.

Steel fender washers are ideal for bombers.

It's interesting to realize that, for those of us using coins, the P-40 is the most expensive aircraft yet produced in this war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
Kishkumen wrote:
Quote:

I think you have more company than you think!blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
topman1 wrote:

File's almost complete, 4x2 in a page, with layers, so you can choose to print two different kind of card: one in each row.

I have to find something to put on background (Andrew, your image could be handy) then file's done. I was thinking to also make "bullets" for nations (don't know the proper name for the "bullets/flags" on planes wings) and make them selectable via layers, so you're able to mix and match cards type and nations, then print. But don't know if it would be worth the effort (how many people would prefer a b/w one-good-for-all card instead?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kishkumen wrote:

I've thought about making them in a way that you can put clips on the borders and use them as sliders to mark current value on the track, but I'd have to make cards narrower, as I could not fit more tham two "gauges" in a row (with one clip per side). A solution could be using one gauge/track and multiple color coded clips, but I thought that getting ready just to use this system could be more complex than prepping the whole basic game as sold on WV ^^

Quote:

Thanks, that could be handy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabbi wrote:
topman1 wrote:

File's almost complete, 4x2 in a page, with layers, so you can choose to print two different kind of card: one in each row.

I have to find something to put on background (Andrew, your image could be handy) then file's done. I was thinking to also make "bullets" for nations (don't know the proper name for the "bullets/flags" on planes wings) and make them selectable via layers, so you're able to mix and match cards type and nations, then print. But don't know if it would be worth the effort (how many people would prefer a b/w one-good-for-all card instead?).

Having the option to print them out as nation specific would be nice, but a generic version would go a long way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.