Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregg S.
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any plan to make this game available through retail channels in the U.S.?

If so, do you have any idea when?

Thanks,
Gregg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Martineau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And for Canada please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are not averse to paying via PayPal in the Polish Zloty (PLN) with conversion to your home currency by PayPal and your credit card, it can be ordered directly from Board and Dice [boardandice.com].

I did and it was a friction free purchase. The total I paid was $21 (USD): $17 for the game and $4 for shipping. The credit card I used doesn’t charge a foreign transaction fee. If yours does, then that needs to be added to your total cost. It arrived by international mail in what I presume to be a timely manner. I had preordered it so it was quite a while from placing the order to actually getting it. I do not recall how long it took to arrive in my mailbox from the time I received the shipping notification, but my guess is that it was on the order of one or two weeks maybe three weeks tops although I doubt it was that long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg S.
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I originally went to their site before posting this. Their page on shipping does not list the U.S. as one of the destinations they ship to.

After your reply, I went through the checkout process to see what came back for shipping. You may have paid $4 with the pre-order, but they want over $9 now. That's a lot, relative to the cost of the game.

If there is any chance the game will be available through U.S. retail channels, I can wait for that (and print the PnP, in the meantime).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kursplat2 wrote:
I originally went to their site before posting this. Their page on shipping does not list the U.S. as one of the destinations they ship to.

After your reply, I went through the checkout process to see what came back for shipping. You may have paid $4 with the pre-order, but they want over $9 now. That's a lot, relative to the cost of the game.

If there is any chance the game will be available through U.S. retail channels, I can wait for that (and print the PnP, in the meantime).

Hello!
Shipping fee is about $9 right now - it always depends on currency, but I think it's really fair price for shipping form Poland to U.S.

It's price like sending game from state to state in U.S. so it's really quite not so much
We are not planning to put Multiuniversum to wide retail in U.S. right now, but we are planning something cool soon (in 2 weeks): Multiuniversum - Project: Chthulu expansion, on some place available and liked by North American players.
We will send more information soon - first by our newsletter - you can subscribe for more info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg S.
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iras wrote:
It's price like sending game from state to state in U.S. so it's really quite not so much
We are not planning to put Multiuniversum to wide retail in U.S. right now, but we are planning something cool soon (in 2 weeks): Multiuniversum - Project: Chthulu expansion, on some place available and liked by North American players.
We will send more information soon - first by our newsletter - you can subscribe for more info.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that the shipping cost is inappropriately high. I think $9 for shipping from Poland to the U.S. is perfectly reasonable.

Even state-to-state, I tend not to buy 1 game at a time, because of the added cost. I usually buy several games at once, usually where that qualifies me for free shipping.

That was the reason I asked. If there was the chance that a U.S. operation was going to bulk order/ship a large number of your game overseas and then sell them locally for, say, $19.99, then I am more than happy to wait and buy it from them.

Since you say that is not likely to happen, I don't have to wait and, instead, can simply decide if I want the game for $26.

Thank you very much for the reply!

Gregg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kursplat2 wrote:
Iras wrote:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that the shipping cost is inappropriately high. I think $9 for shipping from Poland to the U.S. is perfectly reasonable.

Even state-to-state, I tend not to buy 1 game at a time, because of the added cost. I usually buy several games at once, usually where that qualifies me for free shipping.

That was the reason I asked. If there was the chance that a U.S. operation was going to bulk order/ship a large number of your game overseas and then sell them locally for, say, $19.99, then I am more than happy to wait and buy it from them.

Since you say that is not likely to happen, I don't have to wait and, instead, can simply decide if I want the game for $26.

Thank you very much for the reply!

Gregg

Thanks very much for all the details.
Soon I will update you with this plans I wrote above - maybe you will find something interesting for you there.

Thanks once more

Irek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Marstiller
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone in the US received their pre-orders? I ordered back in April and have yet to receive the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just HILARIOUS!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
marstiller wrote:
Has anyone in the US received their pre-orders? I ordered back in April and have yet to receive the game.
Got my pre-order about 3 weeks ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
marstiller wrote:

Hello, we have send all pre-orders.
If you haven't received your copy yet please contact us: irek@boardanddice.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Multiuniversum: Project Cthulhu Kickstarter has launched. You can get a copy of Multiuniversum (The Base Game) and Multiuniversum: Project Cthulhu for $21 plus shipping. It appears shipping to the USA will be $6 and to Canada will be $7.50.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisemsd wrote:
The Multiuniversum: Project Cthulhu Kickstarter has launched. You can get a copy of Multiuniversum (The Base Game) and Multiuniversum: Project Cthulhu for $21 plus shipping. It appears shipping to the USA will be $6 and to Canada will be $7.50.

Thanks for this information here.
What more here you can find all shipping costs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iras wrote:
Kursplat2 wrote:

Hello!
Shipping fee is about $9 right now - it always depends on currency, but I think it's really fair price for shipping form Poland to U.S.

I missed the KS and checked the price for shipping to Australia.
It's at USD 25.72!!!

I would be happy to pay around $10 or so, especially as the KS shiping costs were $9 incl. expansion.
Without a wider release, I sadly will have to pass on this game which looks really neat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:
Iras wrote:
Kursplat2 wrote:

Hello!

I missed the KS and checked the price for shipping to Australia.
It's at USD 25.72!!!

I would be happy to pay around $10 or so, especially as the KS shiping costs were $9 incl. expansion.
Without a wider release, I sadly will have to pass on this game which looks really neat.

Hi,

I guess the costs are wrong there - we need to check them out to eliminate this error.
Give us time till monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iras wrote:
Hi,

I guess the costs are wrong there - we need to check them out to eliminate this error.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I'm a bit confused about future distribution, can you please clarify a few things?

1. In regard to US distribution, will there be a US release now? Further up in this thread it was mentioned that
Iras wrote:
"We are not planning to put Multiuniversum to wide retail in U.S. right now"

A few weeks later on the KS page it was stated
KS page wrote:
...you receive your game right after Spiel2016, before it will be available in North American or worldwide distribution.
... You are helping us to reach the worldwide market! Not only European but worldwide!

2. In regard to the expansion, I respect your decision that you decided to make it an almost KS exclusive expansion by highly limiting it ("This Expansion will be very limited, not available in main, wide distribution". ..."Next print - yep someday it will be printed again")

However, as the expansion campaign gave your game some traction, it would be nice to have a rough idea when a reprint might come around. This is especially if you can get the base game and become interested in the additional options that it brings.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:
Iras wrote:
Hi,

Thank you.

Hello,

We have managed to find this errer.
You can now find all shipping costs right.

Please click here to check everything out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:
As I'm a bit confused about future distribution, can you please clarify a few things?

1. In regard to US distribution, will there be a US release now? Further up in this thread it was mentioned that
[q="Iras"]"We are not planning to put Multiuniversum to wide retail in U.S. right now"

KS page]...you receive your game right after Spiel2016, before it will be available in North American or worldwide distribution.
... You are helping us to reach the worldwide market! Not only European but worldwide![/q wrote:

2. In regard to the expansion, I respect your decision that you decided to make it an almost KS exclusive expansion by highly limiting it ("This Expansion will be very limited, not available in main, wide distribution". ..."Next print - yep someday it will be printed again")

However, as the expansion campaign gave your game some traction, it would be nice to have a rough idea when a reprint might come around. This is especially if you can get the base game and become interested in the additional options that it brings.
Thanks!

Answering questions:
Kickstarter edition won't be released to any of distribution. Standard edition (without KS cards) in the future - who knows - right now we are not planning to release another print till the end of this year.

And thanks for question number two. If there will be a high interest of Project: Cthulhu, we will try to figure something with print out - maybe we will prepare some "standard" print sooner than planned - but still without KS stretch goal cards - this will be KS exclusive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iras wrote:
BeloW06 wrote:

[q="Iras"]"We are not planning to put Multiuniversum to wide retail in U.S. right now"

KS page]...you receive your game right after Spiel2016, before it will be available in North American or worldwide distribution.
... You are helping us to reach the worldwide market! Not only European but worldwide![/q wrote:

Thanks!

Answering questions:
Kickstarter edition won't be released to any of distribution. Standard edition (without KS cards) in the future - who knows - right now we are not planning to release another print till the end of this year.

And thanks for question number two. If there will be a high interest of Project: Cthulhu, we will try to figure something with print out - maybe we will prepare some "standard" print sooner than planned - but still without KS stretch goal cards - this will be KS exclusive.

Thanks.
KS exclusives are quite standard. As long as you can get a standard version in a reasonable time frame, it's all good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:
Iras wrote:
BeloW06 wrote:

Thanks!

Answering questions:

Thanks.
KS exclusives are quite standard. As long as you can get a standard version in a reasonable time frame, it's all good

And we will try to do that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.