$30.00
Atari 2600
United States
California
flag msg tools
hello

i was playig RTL and i was doing a sidequest, when i started noticing that the app was asking for tiles that were not on the core set. it also asked for monsters that were not part of the core set.

i checked the collection option in the tab, and it was correct, it only showed that i owned the core collection, so i am not sure what happened.

anyone has seen this issue as well? is this a bug of the app?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Atrusni wrote:
hello

i was playig RTL and i was doing a sidequest, when i started noticing that the app was asking for tiles that were not on the core set. it also asked for monsters that were not part of the core set.

i checked the collection option in the tab, and it was correct, it only showed that i owned the core collection, so i am not sure what happened.

anyone has seen this issue as well? is this a bug of the app?

Could you please be specific about which side quest, as well as the tile numbers/monster groups it was asking for? Such a bug has been encountered, but without knowing these details it is impossible to say if you are seeing something different.

Additionally, what platform are you on? Do you have the most updated version of the app?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll go ahead and throw my own experience in here since a thread has been created. I have the iOS app, fully up to date at the time. Deals with the story Interlude, so I'll spoiler it:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
This interlude quest (if there are more than one) is something where you've beaten Merick, and he sends you off in search of Alric. You show up at Castle Thelys, and are needing to save wounded soldiers, and the quest culminates in the fight with Sir Kane (NPC) and a very beefy troll named Dalrik or something (the troll is obviously a random roll monster, since Trolls are expansion content, probably any 2x2 humanoid like Ettin, Giant or Ogre could be used as well).

The odd behavior was, after telling us to set aside a bunch of tiles for the quest, all of which were core tiles, it then later asked for tile 54A off to the east of the cabin where some flesh moulders were located. This tile is from the Labyrinth of Ruin expansion, but being a map tile, and this being a core story quest, it didn't make any sense whatsoever that it was included in the map, especially considering it wasn't called for in pre-setup. We figured it was a bug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rickard
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanLuc wrote:
I'll go ahead and throw my own experience in here since a thread has been created. I have the iOS app, fully up to date at the time. Deals with the story Interlude, so I'll spoiler it:

This interlude quest (if there are more than one) is something where you've beaten Merick, and he sends you off in search of Alric. You show up at Castle Thelys, and are needing to save wounded soldiers, and the quest culminates in the fight with Sir Kane (NPC) and a very beefy troll named Dalrik or something (the troll is obviously a random roll monster, since Trolls are expansion content, probably any 2x2 humanoid like Ettin, Giant or Ogre could be used as well).

The odd behavior was, after telling us to set aside a bunch of tiles for the quest, all of which were core tiles, it then later asked for tile 54A off to the east of the cabin where some flesh moulders were located. This tile is from the Labyrinth of Ruin expansion, but being a map tile, and this being a core story quest, it didn't make any sense whatsoever that it was included in the map, especially considering it wasn't called for in pre-setup. We figured it was a bug.

I ran into this as well.

The tile in question is actually from SoN. When you look at the game orders provided by impish1234 there are two options for this quest.

REVEALMAYHEM Place 3A, 7A, 5A, 8A, 13A, 1 transition, 2 end caps, and 3 doors.

REVEALMAYHEM_NEREK Place 3A, 7A, 5A, 8A, 13A, 53A, 1 transition, 2 end caps, and 3 doors.

One appears to be if you have SoN and the other is if you don't. This is the only time I have found that this occurs,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Lomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SeanLuc wrote:

I had the same, although I do have SoN and I'm on Android. It was strange that it asked for it so randomly out of nowhere when it's not mentioned in the setup.

My enemy was an ettin though rather than a Troll. I assumed anything "set" like that was always a non-expansion enemy although now I think of it I saw a medusa in a level where we were stealing treasure so that can't be right!

I do actually find the app uses the same collection of enemies actually, even though I have everything. I figured it says "This room has a [fire] or [cursed] enemy" and rolls on a table but keeps managing to pick Lava Beetles or whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.