Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Pottage
United Kingdom
Nr Wakefield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
In the base game the recruitment card must be used, each turn, to claim a character (from the character deck display).
In the (English) Backstage expansion rules it says "To use a backstage card, a player can move their recruitment card to it in place of 1 cylinder. The player can do this in combination with other cylinders from the backstage deck". This second sentence is obviously a very poor translation and meaningless as it stands.
My question is, if I choose to use the recruitment card on a card from the backstage deck can I use it on ANY card? It appears I can, but I suspect this rule is wrong
as well. It would be consistent with the base game rules if it meant you could only use the
recruitment card to recruit one of the characters you add to your staff, The
Prompter or Rag-Picker. This way you are still forced to recruit one character per turn, but may have a little more choice if there's one in the backstage deck display.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cauet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It means you can use your recruitment as a replacement for 1 cylinder:
- either do a normal recruitment (or an extra)
- or use it to activate ANY one cylinder backstage card
- or use it with other cylinders placed on the backstage to activate any more costly backstage card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.