• [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Shipping does NOT kill this hot deal.

Edit: So, if I have Mottainai should I not get this one? Uchronia has a pretty low score, but I'm not sure if it's because it's not that great or because it's not GtR...

Edit 2: by low, I mean lower than GtR and Mattainai.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And it's already sold out! zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leo_rockway wrote:

Edit: So, if I have Mottainai should I not get this one? Uchronia has a pretty low score, but I'm not sure if it's because it's not that great or because it's not GtR...

I've got both GtR Black Box and Uchronia and think Uchronia is great. It took a ratings hit because it was orignally promoted as GtR evolved and opportunity to get GtR since it was long out of print, when in fact enough was changed that hardcore GtR fanboys were disappointed that it didn't provide the same gameplay. Mottainnai is actually closer to GtR than Uchronia. (as noted by the designer himself in discussions of all three)

I highly recommend it to anyone that isn't so married to the classic GtR that they can't appreciate it's other iterations.

While I love GtR myself I actually think Uchrnonia is less swingy, less chaotic, and a bit better at 2p than GtR. Both shine at 3 and I think GtR is better than Uchronia with 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Beiswenger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
leo_rockway wrote:

Although it's dead, I'll say Uchronia is lighter and easier to teach than the others, and I like it a little more because it's easier to get to the table. It's more of a slower euro-style engine builder than a race to get the most powerful combos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bizwang wrote:
leo_rockway wrote:

Although it's dead, I'll say Uchronia is lighter and easier to teach than the others, and I like it a little more because it's easier to get to the table. It's more of a slower euro-style engine builder than a race to get the most powerful combos.

Couldn't agree more. I actually love that GtR plays fast and wild, but where it always feels like it's over just as you get your combos lined up, Uchronia gives you just enough extra time to actually work your engine before the end game is triggered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
leo_rockway wrote:

I've got both GtR Black Box and Uchronia and think Uchronia is great. It took a ratings hit because it was orignally promoted as GtR evolved and opportunity to get GtR since it was long out of print, when in fact enough was changed that hardcore GtR fanboys were disappointed that it didn't provide the same gameplay. Mottainnai is actually closer to GtR than Uchronia. (as noted by the designer himself in discussions of all three)

I highly recommend it to anyone that isn't so married to the classic GtR that they can't appreciate it's other iterations.

While I love GtR myself I actually think Uchrnonia is less swingy, less chaotic, and a bit better at 2p than GtR. Both shine at 3 and I think GtR is better than Uchronia with 4.

The odd card size didn't help. Square cards without rounded corners ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Beiswenger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:
The odd card size didn't help. Square cards without rounded corners ...
I've actually contemplating rounding the corners myself...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Elliott
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gidorah wrote:
And it's already sold out! zombie

yeah shake the daily deals today from MM and CSI are making me happy that CH doesn't do theirs until noon eastern

the great ones from MM and CSI sell out in the middle of the night while I'm asleep on the east coast soblue (I gotta work to afford this board game habit )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doiron
msg tools
Bizwang wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076FJ7SS/?tag=article-bo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
doiron99 wrote:
Bizwang wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076FJ7SS/?tag=article-bo...

That is exactly the one we bought to round the corners on this very game! thumbsup

It's true the unrounded corners was a baffling mis-step for a company that is usually fantastic in the component department. Thankfully it's an easy cheap fix. After 10 minutes with that cutter and you'd never know it wasn't factory cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.