• [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
drfinn wrote:
As of now, I think 5 promo cards for KS version

Appears this has been finalized as 3 promo cards, for a total of 96 cards in KS version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Mayday premium and they work fine. You will need to sleeve these cards as they are the thinnest cards I have ever seen in any deck of cards. I don't think they will last long if not sleeved. They won't fit in the insert once sleeved. That is a shame. Hope designers start to add a little room to accommodate sleeved cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Putzmanrudy1 wrote:
I used Mayday premium and they work fine. You will need to sleeve these cards as they are the thinnest cards I have ever seen in any deck of cards. I don't think they will last long if not sleeved. They won't fit in the insert once sleeved. That is a shame. Hope designers start to add a little room to accommodate sleeved cards.

I just have to post to disagree, I have seen many cards of lower quality than these. They are not all that thin and there is only one shuffle before a game and that is it, no holding cards in hand or anything.

To each their own, but I see no reason to sleeve these cards - the game is not expensive either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Blackford
United States
Englewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hi-diddly-ho, neighborino!
badge
"I'll have a Shirley... No, a virgin... No, a children's... Oh, what the heck? You only live once. Give me a white wine spritzer! "
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also like add that I believe the cards are perfectly fine. Standard thickness (320 GSM according to the designer) with a linen finish. I have ZERO complaints about the final product. I sleeve games when I feel the cards are substandard, I am not doing so with this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irwin Dolobowsky
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards seem fine to me too.

Ironically, my only complaint is I wish it was *just* cards and came in a smaller box that fit in a pocket. Lots of air in the box. A beautiful production regardless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a habitual sleever, and while shuffling isn't a constant exercise here, I do plan on taking this game with me to conventions and hotels and such, so I'd like to protect them.

As for sizes, I also mentioned my disappointment that the card wells were an exact fit when there seemed to be plenty of space for roomier, sleeve-friendly wells. I prefer FFG sleeves, and they run long. Eduardo pointed me to one of his videos which showed that perfect-fit sleeves will fit in the wells.

I ordered my first pack of KMC 64x89mm sleeves and put them on. For the most part, they work. Several sleeves were too tight and warped the cards, so I couldn't use them. And the sleeved cards are a tight fit in the wells--enough so that I have to flip it over and dump them out to get the bottom cards out. But now everything is protected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.