Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/28811...

Quote:
The co-author of Donald Trump’s bestselling book “The Art of the Deal” says he is horrified the billionaire may win the presidency.

“It’s a terrifying thing,” writer Tony Schwartz said Monday on ABC’s “Good Morning America." "I never in a million years thought he would run for president.

“I haven’t slept a night through since Donald Trump announced for president because I believe he is so insecure, so easily provoked and not particularly nearly as smart as people might imagine he is.”

Schwartz said he has grave concerns about how Trump would handle conflicts with world leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“In the face of somebody like Putin provoking him [ Trump ] cleverly — because Putin’s a heck of a lot smarter than Donald Trump — I do worry that with the nuclear codes he [ Trump ] would end civilization as we know it. This is a man who has more sociopathic tendencies than any candidate in my adult life that I’ve observed.”

Schwartz added Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, lacks the focus needed for the nation’s highest office.

“He has an incredibly short attention span,” he said. "He was unable to do interviews with me past 10–15 minutes. Finally I had to sit in his office and pick up a phone eight feet away from his desk so I could listen in on his calls and turn this into a book. My two-year-old grandson has a longer attention span than Donald Trump."

I was pretty shocked- I opened the mailing list message expecting a pro-trump discussion. Not so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
The New Yorker has an extended interview with Tony Schwartz, the ghostwriter who received half the royalties and for the book.

Turns out Schwartz kept a diary during his year with Trump as he wrote the book; his revelations on what Trump was really like during that time is fascinating stuff.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump is now demanding the guy return all royalties he earned from the book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Schwartz at least actually followed through on donating his proceeds for 2016 to charity, unlike Trump.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is small potatoes compared to him killing the USFL. Trump is douche but the old "hands on nuclear codes" is lame as well as this guy dragging up stuff from 1987.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
This is small potatoes compared to him killing the USFL. Trump is douche but the old "hands on nuclear codes" is lame as well as this guy dragging up stuff from 1987.
No 1991 is the cut of point people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

Well, keeping in mind that, according to what I've read (thanks Wendell) the president can order a nuke launch on his own authority, without Congressional approval, let alone a declaration of war, the nuke codes thing is kind of concerning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
dragging up stuff from 1987.

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! A cad perhaps, but no bounder.
mbmbmbmbmb
From the man who gave you 'The art of the deal' - TRUMP implementing protectionism one chapter 11 at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

jeremycobert wrote:

Upon reading your comments and hearing Trump's statements above, Christopher Walken's psychic character Johnny Smith from the movie version of Stephen King's book "The Dead Zone" experienced another deja-vu-like flashforward like the one he experienced when shaking hands of the Presidential candidate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

"Lame" - are you not concerned that he might start a nuclear war, or are you not concerned about the outcome of a nuclear war?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Trump is, in my mind, nothing more than a super-duper successful used car salesman, so of course he's insecure, lacks a focused attention span, and isn't the brightest bulb on the tree. Surprised, though, that his ghost writer would burn him like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Trump is, in my mind, nothing more than a super-duper successful used car salesman, so of course he's insecure, lacks a focused attention span, and isn't the brightest bulb on the tree. Surprised, though, that his ghost writer would burn him like that.
I think it says a lot about the fear he engenders in those who know him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.