Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Same here. Book Depository cancelled an order months after it was placed. My only guess is they decided they wanted to sell the game for a higher price once they got it back in stock. I won't be supporting them any time soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've had no problem with them personally. They once sent out the wrong product (due to it having an almost identical bar code) and were very apologetic and efficient in sorting it. Perhaps i've been lucky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt taylor
United Kingdom
portsmouth
hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
inkD wrote:
I don't like book depsoitry - they screwed me over on a deal before

Hope this one works out for people - I don't want to give them any money

I wont bother in future then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squiz
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
szchifo wrote:
inkD wrote:

well he isnt telling you not to post is he? Just sharing a one off bad experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt taylor
United Kingdom
portsmouth
hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
squiz wrote:
szchifo wrote:
inkD wrote:

well he isnt telling you not to post is he? Just sharing a one off bad experience.

This is not the place for that. Its for deals not appraisals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Grant
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The poster did respond directly about the his experience with the vendor on a previous deal, that's pretty appropriate to me.

Thank you for the tip though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
XIPULOXX FHTAGN!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aberdonian wrote:
The poster did respond directly about the his experience with the vendor on a previous deal, that's pretty appropriate to me.

I agree.

Thanks to Matt for informing us about this deal. But I think subsequent posts about people's experiences with the seller are perfectly appropriate, as they're directly relevant to whether people will want to take advantage of the deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt taylor
United Kingdom
portsmouth
hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
xipuloxx wrote:
Aberdonian wrote:

I agree.

Thanks to Matt for informing us about this deal. But I think subsequent posts about people's experiences with the seller are perfectly appropriate, as they're directly relevant to whether people will want to take advantage of the deal.

Thats my last tip then...cya folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squiz
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
szchifo wrote:
xipuloxx wrote:
Aberdonian wrote:

I agree.

Dont forget your toys, you seem to have thrown them out of the pram.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt taylor
United Kingdom
portsmouth
hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
squiz wrote:
szchifo wrote:
xipuloxx wrote:
Aberdonian wrote:

I agree.

No need for that mate...i came here to help people and ended up with a nothing but negative people poo pooing the deals i found in one way or another.
I dont need the hassle tbh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squiz
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Them posting negative comments about a retailer isn't a slight against you, though you seem to have taken it that way. Its great that people share deals, thats why we are all subscribed to this forum. And its equally useful for people to share bad experiences so people can make informed decisions about their purchases. Its no reason to not share other offers in the future, we're all just helping each other out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
szchifo wrote:
squiz wrote:
szchifo wrote:
xipuloxx wrote:
Aberdonian wrote:

I agree.

No need for that mate...i came here to help people and ended up with a nothing but negative people poo pooing the deals i found in one way or another.

I was glad to see the deal Matt - cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
XIPULOXX FHTAGN!
mbmbmbmbmb
szchifo wrote:
squiz wrote:
szchifo wrote:
xipuloxx wrote:
Aberdonian wrote:

I agree.

Hassle?

No-one has criticised you. Two people commented negatively about the seller, but that's no reason you shouldn't post about deals in future. The purpose of threads like this is to inform people; having more (relevant) information is a good thing.

Meanwhile, three people (including me) have thanked you for posting the deal, but apparently that doesn't matter to you.

For what it's worth, if I was interested in this expansion, I wouldn't have been put off by those criticisms of Book Depository (assuming they had it in stock).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Forsyth
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok well a deal is a deal and maybe there should be a separate thread where folks can refer to experiences with vendors. That way if folks need to express dislike for a vendor it can be referenced in the thread rather than possibly giving the messenger the feeling of being shot.

I have noticed over the years certain vendors do appear to be repeat offenders and thanking someone for the tip but linking to a "My experience" thread would give folks the chance to checkout the potential pitfalls and problems We all have had with vendors. Keeping the thread up to date with current issues we have had would also see historically whether or not peoples past issues have gotten better over time, or if nothing much has changed. Just an idea or maybe playing too many Euros recently has removed that fire from My belly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt taylor
United Kingdom
portsmouth
hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
xipuloxx wrote:
szchifo wrote:
squiz wrote:
szchifo wrote:
xipuloxx wrote:
Aberdonian wrote:

I agree.

Hassle?

No-one has criticised you. Two people commented negatively about the seller, but that's no reason you shouldn't post about deals in future. The purpose of threads like this is to inform people; having more (relevant) information is a good thing.

Meanwhile, three people (including me) have thanked you for posting the deal, but apparently that doesn't matter to you.

For what it's worth, if I was interested in this expansion, I wouldn't have been put off by those criticisms of Book Depository (assuming they had it in stock).

Obviously i dont think people are criticising me personally...its the fact someone is always ready to trash the post in one way or another.
Take my post about Myrmes deal from Gameseek, for example.
It sold out almost instantly and straight away someone decides its a good idea to tell people on the thread that the game sucks. This makes people feel bad about having maybe wasted their money. I know this as someone posted this exact sentiment.
Its out of order...if you think the game is crap or the seller is crap thats your opinion.
Just think, someone may have already bought it an your throw away comment may now cause a problem for that person.
If you dont agree with this please dont waste your time and tell me on here. Just be nice to each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
szchifo wrote:
Obviously i dont think people are criticising me personally...its the fact someone is always ready to trash the post in one way or another.
Take my post about Myrmes deal from Gameseek, for example.
It sold out almost instantly and straight away someone decides its a good idea to tell people on the thread that the game sucks. This makes people feel bad about having maybe wasted their money. I know this as someone posted this exact sentiment.
Its out of order...if you think the game is crap or the seller is crap thats your opinion.
Just think, someone may have already bought it an your throw away comment may now cause a problem for that person.
If you dont agree with this please dont waste your time and tell me on here. Just be nice to each other.
It could also be an attempt to have YOU CANCEL your order, so THOSE posters can ORDER it instead. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cree C
United Kingdom
Weymouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telling people the game sucks in a deal forum post shouldn't disappoint people who buy the game (assuming people look at reviews/pics/video of the game in question before buying it). It's not really the right place for it mind you.

It's definitely valid to call out bad vendors and I appreciate those that do. I assume that the original poster is recommending/endorsing the vendor as they are posting up the deal. Having someone to counteract that recommendation could save me time and money.

Wouldn't you be annoyed if someone posted a deal from an extremely dubious vendor and after you buy the game and post that it's missing/damaged everyone said "oh yeah, they are the worst. "Happened to me months ago" etc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
inkey jones
msg tools
Nothing to do with you Matt

But yes BD took my money for Spyfall

And waited until it was out of stock everywhere else to tell me that it wasn't actually going to be sent to me, after having sent emails that it was on its way

I could have got it elsewhere

Instead I get it cancelled and then see it resisted at a higher price

It's a con music gear shops used to do

List wanted out of stock gear at a spoiler (cheapest) price, so the other shops don't get the business (when they have stock). Then once it's back in they change the price to a higher one

This is why music shops with price match guarantees changed their small print to 'it must be in stock' at the shop you want a price match with

That is now standard small print on all shops that offer price matches. Because BD trick is well known tatic to hurt other places who have stock

I don't like the sneakiness of it

I won't buy from them again

That has nothing to do with you or your offer... No attack on you

Sorry if you felt so

All the best
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
''Your Amazon.co.uk order has been cancelled''

''The item(s) you purchased were out of stock. Usually, our Marketplace Sellers maintain accurate inventories, but occasionally the availability of a listed item will change by the time an order is placed.''

That's that, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
inkey jones
msg tools
Not suprised

BD have form for this BS

Sorry it didn't work out for you

Bet you the price is higher once they actually get it in stock...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Mantle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_bengine wrote:

''The item(s) you purchased were out of stock. Usually, our Marketplace Sellers maintain accurate inventories, but occasionally the availability of a listed item will change by the time an order is placed.''

That's that, then.

Just had the same message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
www.BoardgameMonkeys.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Desdinova wrote:
the_bengine wrote:

That's that, then.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Forsyth
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahdiabolo wrote:
Desdinova wrote:
the_bengine wrote:

That's that, then.

+1

+1 here too. Shame but also annoying as the Book suppository sorry Book Depository is owned by Amazon. You would think they would be more careful with a company selling through them, that's also owned by them :'( O well more money for the next bargain Thanks for the heads up for this but now onward. keep those bargains coming folks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Gorman
msg tools
Thanks for the heads up - I ordered IA:TS on the 21st and it was (allegedly) dispatched on the 25th. Fingers crossed it turns up.

I was a little wary about ordering from Book Depository because they, in the past, have taken my order and payment before cancelling a number of days later due to the item being out of stock.

To be fair to them, my order record has been 3 orders, 2 delivered, 1 cancelled. Not a great ratio by Amazon's impeccable standards but I'm beginning to lose the initial distrust.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.