Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Came up in a solo game. I'd like to move units out of a system where a battle took place (to save an occupied Couruscant), but Palpatine is already in Alderaan where the units I want to move are.

I know the general rule is you can't move units out of a system containing a leader and if I don't get a quick answer, that's what I'll rule. But I was curious if Planetary Conquest was an exception.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can. Its not movement, otherwise it was indeed.

Edit:

It IS movement!
The card states move ignoring transport capacity and ignore adjacency. There is no mention of ignoring leaders so that does count. Leaders block units from moving away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Movement effects will state which if any exceptions to the basic movement rules they have.

Edit: Good point that "take a unit and put it elsewhere" effects are not movement though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
It is movement, actually, and therefore subject to movement restrictions - text of ability explicitly specifies which restrictions it's exempt from, but "own leader pins down units in the system" rule is not one of the them.

Card for reference:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, you are right!

Have updated my post. Leader does block.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Hm, are there even "take unit and place elsewhere" effects? I think I was thinking of the 4 TIE action card, but that may be move too.
(Notwithstanding that it's probably Assignment and thus there should normally not be any leaders out yet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So any exceptions to the movement rule will be specifically printed on the card itself.

Thanks guys! In the solo match the AT-AT and AT-ST were taken from elsewhere (mon calamari). It was kind of an experiment to see what would happen if the Empire left Coruscant under-defended and Corellia landed in the hands of the Rebellion. It wasn't pretty... even though the Rebellion lost Mon Mothma to the Dark side, the Rebels were able to shut down and isolate a lot of the core-ward Imperial planets, and it was only too late that they "realized" that the Rebel base was on Dantooine, but were unable to move there in time.

The Rebels finally managed to defeat the garrison at Coruscant, and won via Heart of the Empire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Norsehound wrote:
So any exceptions to the movement rule will be specifically printed on the card itself.

Thanks guys! In the solo match the AT-AT and AT-ST were taken from elsewhere (mon calamari). It was kind of an experiment to see what would happen if the Empire left Coruscant under-defended and Corellia landed in the hands of the Rebellion. It wasn't pretty... even though the Rebellion lost Mon Mothma to the Dark side, the Rebels were able to shut down and isolate a lot of the core-ward Imperial planets, and it was only too late that they "realized" that the Rebel base was on Dantooine, but were unable to move there in time.

The Rebels finally managed to defeat the garrison at Coruscant, and won via Heart of the Empire.

Rule #1 of running any empire: Keep the capital safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mb
David Umstattd wrote:
Norsehound wrote:

Rule #1 of running any empire: Keep the capital safe.

I use a card rack for each players for my Rebellion games. I find it funny that some Imperial players would forget about Coruscant often as it's obscured by the mission cards on the rack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.