Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
To say that I am excited is an understatement. I am a brand new MERCS player. Now, need to get them minis... mmm what factions should I get

I do have two questions though:
- Are existing minis / starter set compatible with 2.0 rules? It sounds like the cards have changed?
- I am having some trouble finding a well stocked MERCS supplier in Europe, any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can use the existing (metal) minis. The majority of the sculpts are identical.

No you can't use the old cards. Those have changed drastically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you use the metal minis, just be aware of the new "position" on the bases with the 2.0 rules.
the 90 deg line was in front, now its using a quarter section of the base.
I know that sounds confusing but in other words, the new bases are facing different.
You would just need to change the 0,45,90,180 deg marks on your bases or mount on the new bases. Starts on Page 22 of the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
So are they planning a new range of miniatures with the correct cards? Have these already hit retail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter just finished with these minis so you should see the new plastic ones go retail in a few months.
Yes, the new cards are shown in the rulebook, so you can compare these to the old ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I greatly prefer the metal minis, gonna sell my pledge. I just need to get it up on the Geek Market, but I'm lazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
caric wrote:
The Kickstarter just finished with these minis so you should see the new plastic ones go retail in a few months.
Yes, the new cards are shown in the rulebook, so you can compare these to the old ones.

While the 2.0 Rulebook has all of the stats, they aren't 100% correct - there are some inconsistencies with the 2.0 statcards. I started a threat about this on the MCG Forums: http://megacongames.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1767/tt-2-0...

I would suggest you cross-reference the FAQ threads there if you only own the book and not all the new statcards as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.