Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

German Railways» Forums » General

Subject: Typical winning scores and price paid per share? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Edmunds
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My family and I played a game the other night and the money was flying. First of all, we left Black alone the entire game and where making connections all over the place with the other 7 companies. Of course this got a lot of cash flowing.

Each company was over capitalized, a few very much so. All but 1 of the 3rd shares sold. And the winning score was $754, with $490 being last place.

We were 3 players.

Are these typical numbers for this game? If not, what are typical numbers for this game?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad,

Our group has only played three games (two four player and one 5 player). All of our scores combined averaged 268. I am not sure what the average price per share was as I didn't track that information; however I do know the prices escalated as the games progressed.

I would suspect the scores would be higher for a three player game, but the winning score of $754 seems very high to me. That player must have got the stocks very cheaply and/or had monopolies in several companies to take advantage of the pay outs.

Payouts only occur when two rail lines meet in the same city hex for the first time. Were you playing this way? Or, were you having a payout every time two rails met whether the first time or not? More frequent payouts would definitely elevate the scores as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Edmunds
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kinga1965 wrote:
Payouts only occur when two rail lines meet in the same city hex for the first time. Were you playing this way?


We were playing that way. However, we ignored Black all game until it was literally the last actions the 2 of us holding Black could do. Instead we were making lots of connections. Green, Purple, Red, Yellow, Orange and Brown all connected in the same city. 6 trains on one hex.

So, there were definitely a lot more payouts than average. And because of this we each had so much cash we could overpay for 2nd and 3rd shares.

I am glad to know that is not typical. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Luther

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
AJEddy wrote:
Instead we were making lots of connections. Green, Purple, Red, Yellow, Orange and Brown all connected in the same city. 6 trains on one hex.

There is only one Pay Dividends per turn. Connecting your train to five other trains at once actually decreases the potential amount of money on the table.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobdole04126623 wrote:
AJEddy wrote:
Instead we were making lots of connections. Green, Purple, Red, Yellow, Orange and Brown all connected in the same city. 6 trains on one hex.

There is only one Pay Dividends per turn. Connecting your train to five other trains at once actually decreases the potential amount of money on the table.

Maybe some of the companies that came to that city later on were already connected to most of the other companies already there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.