$20.00
$5.00
$30.00
$15.00
Marco Donat
msg tools
Hey there, I just finished my foamcore insert for my huntsmen-pledge and wanted to share a few pictures

Everything fits in the two main boxes(closing normal) and saves a lot of time! I wont paint the figures - otherwise you definately need more space to protect your zombies
Credits at the end of this post!

Bottom of the BP-Box: All Tiles with 3d-printed token holders. On top dragonbile, vaults and rule/quest-books.

On top of that the redesigned pizza-box:
1 compartment for all heroes, 4 compartments for fatty, runner, wulfz and walker. On top of that a 3d-printed Card Tray for all cards(except hero cards oc)

I also 3d-printed small Token for the 8 NPCs. They are fitting nicely in the red dice-bag. Now its a real random draw and the collecting is much easier(5 pieces lead to a circle)

The Wulfsburg-box was used to store all 12 Dashboards(fits perfectly), the zombie bosses, all npcs (in a removable tray to speed up the process) and a small compartment for the hero cards.

On top of the NPCs is a case with all colored bases, broken wall tokens and spare party. In the red dice bag are the NPC-token from above. A small Foamcore box was added for the dice and the metal coin

Let me know what you think. It was my first big insert and it was fun to plan and build! 3d-printing costed 30€ btw. I was just too curious to try something like that

Have a nice day,
Marco

Credits:
Card Tray: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1241825
NPC Token: http://imgur.com/a/gEnw4
Token holder: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1583271
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job. Love the 3d printed token holders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, that is a pretty rad setup. Particularly liking the token trays, does anyone know if the plastic tokens will fit in them as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Livett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like the NPC solution!

I was looking at getting a large 12 sided dice and putting the pictures on each face but this is different.

With a dice you could end up rolling for the same NPC more times than you have the miniatures, making it really random.

With pulling the pieces out of a bag and keeping them you are making it less random, as the pieces left in the bag are not going to be as likely to be the same as the one you already have.

If I killed all four of the same NPC I would have all four of the slices which means you would have all four of that NPC sitting on the sidelines for the rest of the game and there would be no way to get them back in the game as I am sitting on slices.

For me, this would be more fun, or at least, less frustrating. If I kept getting bad dice rolls and I knew that I could keep getting bad dice rolls it would make it harder to complete five different miniatures.

If I got the same slice out of the bag I would know that at least there was one less in the bag for me to get next time so my chances of getting it again are less likely.

Do you have a circle to put them all into or do you just arrange them on the table in front of you? I would like to be able to put them into a circle but I can't see that being a major problem apart from getting knocked or wanting to move them out of the way.

After you collect all five do you throw the slices back into the bag?

It would make it harder for other players if you kept all the slices, even the ones you didn't need, as this would make it impossible or highly unlikley that they will be able to draw them.

I guess that other than restricting the randomness of the draws from the bag this would not change gameplay very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Donat
msg tools
@Jonathan: I could measure the exact mm in the already printed tray if that would help you?!

@Mark: Yeah, you're right! Its not completely random. But its enough for me. We are not putting the miniatures back in the game. They are assigned to the player who killed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nagelschere wrote:
@Jonathan: I could measure the exact mm in the already printed tray if that would help you?!
If you wouldn't mind, but don't go to any big trouble on my account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.