2 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » General

Subject: Wargames in the Late War Scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stibitzki
Germany
flag msg tools
Yesterday I was playing the Late War Scenario as the US against the AI. I had a 12 VP lead and control of Europe. The AI then played Wargames for the Event, giving me 6 VP and, to my surprise, winning the game. I realize that the US needs 20+ VP after final scoring to win, but I didn't think this also applied to USSR play of Wargames. After all, the rule says:
Late War Scenario Rules wrote:
Victory:
After Turn 10 final scoring or if US plays WARGAMES event, US must have 20+ VP or Soviet player wins.

The rule specifically refers to US play of Wargames, so my interpretation is that standard rules apply if the USSR plays it. If the Playdek implementation was really the intended behavior, then the Late War Scenario would be pretty broken, since the USSR could basically win right away if it got lucky and drew Wargames on Turn 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weis
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a bug with Wargames when the USSR plays it during the Late War Scenario. We have an update coming to correct the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.