Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At times I feel like everybody else is already playing this game.

Has anyone heard anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Back of the queue I'm afraid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Neave-Houghting
United Kingdom
Basildon
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not had confirmation yet (or anything to the contrary) so it could change, but I'm still expecting my stock delivery this coming Tuesday.

HTH, Russ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Aeggil wrote:
I've not had confirmation yet (or anything to the contrary) so it could change, but I'm still expecting my stock delivery this coming Tuesday.

Why's that Russ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aeggil wrote:

HTH, Russ

Did you get your order then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silence does not sound good :/

It's the whole Dead of Winter 2014 all over again, I remember waiting for months

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb

Just saying

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coiote wrote:

Just saying

That is retail release. And in US.

Question was about European pre-orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote to support 2-3 weeks ago but don't exactly remember their reply.

It wasn't too encouraging at that time, something about august or such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have PlaidHat always been this poor with regards to communication with their customers? If it's delayed then just say, that's fine. But to tell us nothing is just shoddy. Not impressed at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
Have PlaidHat always been this poor with regards to communication with their customers? If it's delayed then just say, that's fine. But to tell us nothing is just shoddy. Not impressed at all.

Well, in many ways, yes. Even before they were bought by Z-Man Games and now Asmodee. Original Dead of Winter release was absolutely horrible and this one seems to be going the same way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:

Well, in many ways, yes. Even before they were bought by Z-Man Games and now Asmodee. Original Dead of Winter release was absolutely horrible and this one seems to be going the same way

Original DoW sold out entirely. It wasn't a question of "where's the pre-orders?" It was "this game isn't available anywhere". This is slightly different and likely attributed to PHG no longer controlling their distribution outside the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:

Original DoW sold out entirely. It wasn't a question of "where's the pre-orders?" It was "this game isn't available anywhere". This is slightly different and likely attributed to PHG no longer controlling their distribution outside the US.

True, but I'm not really bothered where the blame lies, I just want to know what's happening. If PlaidHat sent me an email saying there's been problems and give me an approx delivery date of say end of August fair enough, I wouldn't have a problem with it. However they haven't, they won't tell me anything. No communication at all. And all becasue they aren't responsible for distribution that shouldn't mean they just wash their hands of it, they picked that company to represent them, doesn't mean they can't ask and then relay back to us either.

However it is what it is, no disaster just slightly frustrating, I look forward to playing it eventually. It's just a pity as I tend to naturally make a mental note of what companies I can rely on etc and it's a shame to tarnish that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:

True, but I'm not really bothered where the blame lies, I just want to know what's happening. If PlaidHat sent me an email saying there's been problems and give me an approx delivery date of say end of August fair enough, I wouldn't have a problem with it. However they haven't, they won't tell me anything. No communication at all. And all becasue they aren't responsible for distribution that shouldn't mean they just wash their hands of it, they picked that company to represent them, doesn't mean they can't ask and then relay back to us either.

However it is what it is, no disaster just slightly frustrating, I look forward to playing it eventually. It's just a pity as I tend to naturally make a mental note of what companies I can rely on etc and it's a shame to tarnish that.

I didn't pre-order dead of winter but I did with Ashes which actually arrived before those in USA, I also received and email notification before as well, every other pre-order for my Ashes' expansions also arrived fine, but since they were bought I felt a change and I am not happy. Is this just an initial teething phase I don't know but (edit: after DOW the long night) I have decided no more pre-orders .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Their customer support and Twitter have been completely silent about these pre-orders.

I guess no news is, in this case, bad news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fekete József
msg tools
Any news from the European pre-orders? I don't have any email yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bas Jelsma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Still nothing here (Netherlands)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Halle
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I am also still waiting for my preorder in denmark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fekete József
msg tools
it has arrived today

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.