Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather have translucent plastic cubes and gems than wooden cubes or paper tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Brankov
Serbia
Novi Sad
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am undecided here. I like simplicity and overly produced resources with a lot of details would turn me off. Especially if they are made with plastic.

The most perfect resources are the ones you can find in Caverna or Concordia. Custom resources like in Deluxe Euphoria or Scythe are half half. Some are awesome some are meh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
I'd rather have translucent plastic cubes and gems than wooden cubes or paper tokens.

No one is proposing paper tokens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof P
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is mars colonization so wood should be forbidden
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I can't get custom resources, then I want games to do what La Granja did - one resource marker that represents different resources depending on where it is stored on the board (player's or main).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rather let the Game Designer make the call rather than debate it on a 3rd party forum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Torkijo wrote:
I would rather let the Game Designer make the call rather than debate it on a 3rd party forum

Considering the designer commented above what does that tell you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dukelander wrote:
I am undecided here. I like simplicity and overly produced resources with a lot of details would turn me off. Especially if they are made with plastic.

The most perfect resources are the ones you can find in Caverna or Concordia. Custom resources like in Deluxe Euphoria or Scythe are half half. Some are awesome some are meh.

yeah, the Deluxe resources from Scythe look very nice, but over the board... it doesn't fit...

given the Mars theme I think that resource markers with simple shape variations (like in Power grid) would be a way to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Torkijo wrote:

Considering the designer commented above what does that tell you

That he pays attention to ALL backers, doesnt change my viewpoint as he/they are the ones who came up with the vision and game in the first place.

If a poll is needed -and I understand from their update it would be a last resort - I would like it done by the creators so we can see the financially viable alternatives.

Also, not every backer is on BGG and if it goes to a poll it should be formally, through an update so ALL backers are aware of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek Rutkowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? Force designers to make something?
This is their game, they choose what is in it.
Maybe better way is make poll:
x They should add brand new BMW to every copy of game.
x Wooden meeples are just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kerth wrote:

I wouldn't see it as 'forcing' the designers to do something.
I believe the designers already have their own copy of the game. Now they'll be producing it to other people. If they can do changes to the game (whatever they are) to meet the players expectations, why not?
It is a win win situation, players have a better game, the designers will sell more

The way the poll, or the information phishing is done could be further discussed, but I think that here in BGG everyone is free to ask whatever they want (ok, there are limits...), and later the designers are also free to consider the information or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
goryon wrote:
kerth wrote:

I wouldn't see it as 'forcing' the designers to do something.
I believe the designers already have their own copy of the game. Now they'll be producing it to other people. If they can do changes to the game (whatever they are) to meet the players expectations, why not?
It is a win win situation, players have a better game, the designers will sell more

The way the poll, or the information phishing is done could be further discussed, but I think that here in BGG everyone is free to ask whatever they want (ok, there are limits...), and later the designers are also free to consider the information or not.

Considering the purpose of "stretch goals" is in fact generate more money to upgrade the game I don't see how this is forcing anyone nor how it's a bad thing. First time I've ever seen backers resilient for wanting the game improved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.