Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincenzo Beretta
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/20/scoop-lovecraft-serie...

The Cthulhu mythos is finally on its way to television.

Bleeding Cool recently learned that Legendary TV has been developing the mother-of-all-Lovecraft projects: an anthology series that includes characters, locations and story-lines from sixteen of Lovecraft’s most popular tales including The Call of Cthulhu, The Shadow Over Innsmouth, The Dunwich Horror and many more.

The team behind the series includes producers Lorenzo Di Bonaventura and Dan McDermott, with a pilot script written by Matthew Francis Wilson. There’s also a deal attached that would make this the first TV series approved by the Lovecraft Estate. We’ve also been told they’ll be talking to networks soon. So it might be a good idea to get your Powder of Ibn-Gazi ready as the Outer Gods and Great Old Ones are on their way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This could be a tremendously awesome project or a blech-fest. Let's see what happens. I, for one, am hopeful!! goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TV is I think a better medium for Cthulhu than a movie, you've just got so much more time to build things up gradually.

Anyway, here's hoping they do a good job with it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincenzo Beretta
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
TV is I think a better medium for Cthulhu than a movie, you've just got so much more time to build things up gradually.

Anyway, here's hoping they do a good job with it...

I'm excited by the news but, as usual, sad by how much money people made (or can still make) by using or even taking inspiration from ideas born from HPL. A bit like if George Lucas died before SW became popular AND in public domain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TV is certainly the better medium. I'm rewatching the X-Files now and the more I watch it the more I think this type of show could easily be translated into the Lovercraft Universe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincenzo Beretta
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally watched "True Detective". I knew that it was full of lovecraftian references (mainly Hastur, but not only), but I was surprised by how the plot can be seen as two cops having a "near miss" with the Mythos without realizing it.

With a different direction, it could also have been a "slow burn", with the Mythos appearing fully in the third half, after lulling the viewer into thinking that the show was not about the supernatural (a good example by HPL himself is "The Horror at Red Hook").

We live in a golden age of television; I hope it will reflect on this show too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.