Johannes Bergmark
msg tools
Taken from manual

Group Attack
Some rules (such as the swoop attack rules) and action
cards instruct players to make a group attack against 1
or more figures. When you are making a group attack,
roll a number of action dice equal to the attack value
for that group attack. If it is a melee group attack, [sword] and [sword/shield] symbols hit. If it is a ranged group attack, [longbow]
symbols hit. Add up the number of hits you rolled and
choose which figure each hit will be applied to. One at
a time, your opponent(s) must roll defense separately
for each hit figure.

So I am getting confused about how to defend in a groupattack, as I'm not sure what 'rolling for defense' means in this case.

Let's say a bird makes swoopattack on a space with a single squad figure. I do get 3 hits on the single figure, which may have a defense value of 2. Should I for defense either:

* only roll 1 die per hit
* roll 2 dies per hit
* only roll 2 dies for defense.

In the first and second case I may survive. In the last case, I may not survive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misha M
msg tools
you roll defense normal, eg only 2 dice.

this rule means if you attack more than 1 figure (for example 2), and you roll, for example, 3 hits then you need to spare this hits between figures.

you can decide:
1) 0 hit for figure1 and 3 hits for figure2 (with defence=2 it means death for sure for figure 2)
2) 1 hit for figure1 and 2 hits for figure2
3) 2 hit for figure1 and 1 hits for figure2
4) 3 hit for figure1 and 0 hits for figure2

in any case each figure defend as ususal, so roll 2 dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darby Harris
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The last sentence in the quote from the manual states "One at a time, your opponent(s) must roll defense separately for each hit figure."

If it had said for each hit, then you would roll your defense value in dice for each individual hit, but it says for each hit figure, so in your example you roll your defense value (2) for that one figure and it would die against 3 hits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Bergmark
msg tools
Thank you for helpful answers. It seems reasonable to me.

Awesome game so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.