7 Posts

Zombie Dice» Forums » Variants

Subject: What happens in this case help please. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Newton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi It says that when a player gets to 13 to carry on and complete the round for players to try and beat the score. What happens say in a 2 player game the player that went last gets to 13 first in effect the other player would get an extra throw. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets use the following example:

Player A rolls and gets 3 Brains and 2 Shots. If they quit now they will have 9 Brains, so they decide to quit.

Player B rolls and gets 4 Brains and 1 shots. Nervous about getting 2 more shots, Player B stops bringing his total to 13 triggering the end of the game.

Player A now has one last round to try and get enough Brains to beat 13.

So either way, whichever player gets to 13 first, the remaining player still gets one last chance to try and beat them regardless of "turn order". Keep in mind that the player who triggered the end of game at 13 or more does not get another turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Newton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for that Mike for explaining that we know now.Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John de Wit
Canada
Airdrie
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indianajo883 wrote:

This is incorrect. From the rulesheet (emphasis added):
"Play until someone reaches 13 Brains. Then finish the round. Whoever
has the most Brains at the end of that round is the winner."

If player 2 rolls 13, he ends the round. Player one does not get a chance to catch up. Players later in the turn order than the first to hit 13 are given their last turn so all players have an equal number of turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdewit wrote:
indianajo883 wrote:

This is incorrect. From the rulesheet (emphasis added):
"Play until someone reaches 13 Brains. Then finish the round. Whoever
has the most Brains at the end of that round is the winner."

If player 2 rolls 13, he ends the round. Player one does not get a chance to catch up. Players later in the turn order than the first to hit 13 are given their last turn so all players have an equal number of turns.

My apologies, Jon is correct. The round is finished, so if player 2 gets the 13 first, player one is screwed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It turns out I have always played a house rule that a friend came up with. Finishing the round and getting one player left out was not favorable with a lot of the players so we changed the rule. I think it is better that way, but then again I have fallen out of love with Steve Jackson games to begin with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Newton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks all for explaining that.Its nice and clear now.Just joined this site glad I found it.Cheers all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.