$20.00
$5.00
Tim Collett
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking about selling my advent calendar. It has never been opened however, to ship it like that would cost quite a bit more just due to size (there is very little weight to it).

So the question is: What is the best way to sell it?

1) As is within the large box unopened?

2) Open the box and take out all the expansions and tell them as a set and it should drop off a lot of shipping charges?

3) Sell each one individually?

My goal here is to just get rid of them. I don't want to just give them away since I paid for them but at the same time, I would just like the space back as well for the box.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
You should sell me the promos for Colt Express & Splendor.

Then sell everything else together without the box.

Edit: Seriously though, if you are selling it all together, I'd listed it as unopenned and complete in the box and give the buyer the option to have it broken down and shipped without the box or shipped whole.

You double your sale potential (those who want all the promos and those who want the experience of opening maybe this year for the holidays) without committing to the work of breaking it down and packing it back up until it is necessary.

THAT said, I would buy those two promos off of you in a heartbeat. Geekmail me if you want to sell individually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
My suggestion is to split it out and sell it piecemeal.

I bought a calendar and kept a few of the promos and resold the ones I wouldn't use, and not one of the people I sold to ended up buying more than 1 or 2 promos. The market is so much smaller for "whole boxes" than individuals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't there a worldwide promo math trade coming up soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
You make a lot more money probably selling it piecemeal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As a buyer, I think at this point in time I'd either have bought the complete set already or would look for the individual expansions.

So I would (and I will) sell the expansions for the games I don't own and don't ever plan to own individually
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Douglas

North Carolina
msg tools
I would be willing to buy the Isle of Skye Promos inside!

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FoOl-Of-a-ToOk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Eat your Nirnroot if you want to be strong!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so cool jeremy....so cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so did you end up selling this off in pieces yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.