Subject: Balalo class rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Totally confused here...rule book states that the Balalo class cannot come into play until Jan-1944-August 1945..yet,history shows that this class made it's first patrol in July-1943.
I realize that they were only available in limited quantities....but they were available and did patrol earlier than the rule book states.Should this not allow this class to enter earlier (July-'43)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dodds
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
"If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think DVG has ever aimed at creating historically accurate simulations, game play always comes first. Fleet Commander Nimitz is a great example: all kind of stuff that is historically weird happens in that game but it's still great fun to play. I like to think of it as a Pacific War themed action game rather than a historical accurate simulation, and I lump Gato Leader in the same category.

Best of all, they are solitaire games: if you want to use the Balalo class in 1943 scenarios I'd recommend going right ahead and doing so! I don't think a tweak as inconsequential as this is going to break the game, and if it resolves your confusion and enhances your enjoyment of the game then it's a shoe-in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Was thinking along the same lines....that class gives u a slight advantage
over other choices during that same time period...I am guessing here,have not received the game as yet....but any edge I can legitimately get,I will eagerly take..and fellow players should be offered that choice in any forthcoming errata...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.