Subject: if i wasnt able to use mission card, what will happen ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KusHniR
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi !
so as the title says.. yesterday i played my first game of rebellion and i had the card rescue ( i was the rebels) but before i was able to play (use it) the card the empire turn the captured hero to the dark side. what happens to the the rescue card? is it discarded ? or it goes back to my hand? what happen to the heroes that were on that card?

additonl question :
when you play card in combat, who assigen the damage ? and who get to assigen the block damage ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amir,

The mission card will go back to your hand if you can't use it or decide for some reason not to use it during the command phase.

Damage is assigned by the player rolling the dice. Blocking damage is done by the player receiving the damage, by using tactic cards.

Hope you enjoyed your first play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note the timing of the return of that card (and assigned leaders) to your hand is at the start of the Refresh Phase. Check the refresh Phase section of the Rules Reference for more info.

While Christopher has answered your question about who assigns damage, I strongly recommend revising the Rules Reference section on Combat, as it has some very specific timings there. It sounds like you might be trying to resolve dice rolling of both sides simultaneously, which is incorrect. Revising the Combat section will also ensure you have the rest of combat flowing properly, such as correct timing for destruction of units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
There was another good question in Amir's post. If a mission card that cannot be used goes back to one's hand, what happens to the leade(s) placed on that card?

...and can a player CHHOSE not to execute a mission in the command phase that was placed down with a leader on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:
There was another good question in Amir's post. If a mission card that cannot be used goes back to one's hand, what happens to the leade(s) placed on that card?

The leader goes into the pool in the refresh phase, just like all other leaders.

Brother Jim wrote:
...and can a player CHHOSE not to execute a mission in the command phase that was placed down with a leader on it?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
Brother Jim wrote:

The leader goes into the pool in the refresh phase, just like all other leaders.

Brother Jim wrote:

Yes.

Right - but if a player does not use those leaders can they repurpose them for something else - such as to move a fleet? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:
Shadowen wrote:
Brother Jim wrote:

Brother Jim wrote:

Yes.

Right - but if a player does not use those leaders can they repurpose them for something else - such as to move a fleet? Thanks!

No. Once they're committed to a mission, they either attempt/resolve it, or go back home along with the mission card at the end of the phase.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why I was careful to announce that the mission (and assigned leaders) does not return until the Refresh Phase. The assigned leaders are clearly not in your pool, hence cannot be used for other things until the next round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.