Subject: Lucy's Revenge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Richardson
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I find the wording of this event card ambiguous.

Does Godalming play this card at the beginning of combat, or the before a *combat round*?

Does this cancel one escape card, and is then discarded, or all escape cards played during this combat (thus making these cards useless and therefore making it impossible for Dracula to escape)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gasha1 wrote:
I find the wording of this event card ambiguous.

Does Godalming play this card at the beginning of combat, or the before a *combat round*?

Does this cancel one escape card, and is then discarded, or all escape cards played during this combat (thus making these cards useless and therefore making it impossible for Dracula to escape)?

The card says to play at the start if combat before a card is chosen so that is before the first combat round.

You have to discard the card to get the effect so you will only be able to cancel one play of an escape card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua F

New Hampshire
msg tools
mbmbmb
It's a one-time use card...You drop it down and there it sits until you choose to trigger it. Based on how other similar cards in the game work it seems like you'd reveal it at the beginning of the overall combat and not a later round within that combat. This forces Dracula to change up his strategy from the beginning. At least that's how we've played it...but I agree that the wording of "a combat" seems muddy so I could be wrong:

"Play at the start of a combat before you choose a card."

Seems like it should either say "Play at the start of combat..." OR "Play at the start of a combat round..." it's that "a" that's mucking it up.

Regardless of when it is revealed, it is discarded immediately after canceling one escape card (either Mist or Bat), or if you use it to cancel a bite or lethal amount of damage. You could also simply leave it out during the combat as a deterrent to Dracula, which is why it seems like you'd reveal it at the beginning of the overall combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Richardson
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gnarlywhal wrote:
It's a one-time use card...You drop it down and there it sits until you choose to trigger it. Based on how other similar cards in the game work it seems like you'd reveal it at the beginning of the overall combat and not a later round within that combat. This forces Dracula to change up his strategy from the beginning. At least that's how we've played it...but I agree that the wording of "a combat" seems muddy so I could be wrong:

"Play at the start of a combat before you choose a card."

Seems like it should either say "Play at the start of combat..." OR "Play at the start of a combat round..." it's that "a" that's mucking it up.

Regardless of when it is revealed, it is discarded immediately after canceling one escape card (either Mist or Bat), or if you use it to cancel a bite or lethal amount of damage. You could also simply leave it out during the combat as a deterrent to Dracula, which is why it seems like you'd reveal it at the beginning of the overall combat.

Yes it was that pesky "a" that confused us. It says "a combat".

Thanks for the answers...I thought it was a one time use but the more I read it, the more I doubted it.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.