Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Campbell
Australia
Monterey
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am calling shenanigans on the resource limits with this game. The fact that, after multiple requests, there is no clear answer on what "just use the multipliers" and the hard resource limit means together, I believe that the publisher was just tryikng to save a few dollars and not include the resources that the game needs.

We played last night with no resource limit and the game played fine. I don't believe a hard limit matters.

If someone involved with the design/publishing of this game would like to enlighten us to exactly what "hard limit" means, that'd be awesome.

Reading through these rules forums, I can see 3 options:
A) 15 of each resource with one multiplier per resource (that's why there's 4 of them) giving an actual hard limit of 20 resources each.
B) 15 of each resource with a pool of an extra 20 neutral resources meaning that the hard limit is 80 total resources in the game at any time.
C) Any resource can use all four multiplier tokens for a limit of 35 per resource.

It would seem to me that many on this forum do not like the multiplier tokens and would like to play without them. I am also of this opinion. Please give us an answer as to how to do this. Otherwise, in my single play so far, I see no need or reason for any limit except due to a shortage of what is in the box.

Furthermore, since there is indeed meant to be a limit, why? What game purpose is it meant to serve?

Edit: here https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/20546187#20546187 it says resources are unlimited "Engineers on the box must be considered unlimited, like the other resources." from Mario Sacchi - publisher.
Here https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/20756810#20756810 it says they are limited, "engineers and coins are to be considered unlimited, resources are limited (use x3 x5 multipliers)" from Marco Pozzi - designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.