1 , 2  Next »   | 

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Variants

Subject: Variant ideas halloween rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think it's a damn shame they never did a holiday Halloween variation theme. I'm thinking like Bela Legacy, Ra- the Egyptian mummy, the undead wraith, trick-or-treat guise, frankenbunker....real potential here. Edit: I'll be adding more variants to this post as we think of them.

Bela Legacy: Vampire Bite, deal 2, heal 1.

The Undead Wraith: Intangible, become unable to do or receive damage until the start of your next turn

Ra- The Mummy: That's a Wrap!, discard 2 cards. deal 2 melee damage to a villain or environment target. If they take damage, that target's deck is unable to play cards until the start of your next turn. You are unable to draw until the end of your next turn.

Trick or treat Guise: Knock Knock!, Draw 2 cards. You may either discard both of them to deal 2 damage, or keep one and put the other on the bottom of your deck.

Frankenbunker (Bunkenstein?): It's Alive!, You may play a mode card from your hand. It is indestructible. If you have 2 or more in play, deal yourself X irreducible and unredirectional damage or discard all mode cards in play. You may chose which mode card is active at the beginning of your turn. No more than one mode card can be active at a time. X equals number of mode cards you own in play.

Tempest, it Came From Outer Space!: Abduction, discard a card and destroy one target with x hp. Put destroyed card under tempests character card. X= half the number of cards beneath this one +2.

The Naturalist, Curse of the Full Moon: Full Moon, search your deck and trash for all form cards. Put one randomly into play and discard the other two. Put the bottom card of your deck into play.

Chrono-Ranger, I Know What You Did Last Summer!: The hook, discard a card. Destroy 2 targets with hp 2 or less. (Credit Raz)

Nightmist, There's Something in the Fog!: Creeping Fog, search your deck or trash for a card named Mist Form. Put it into your hand. -OR- discard the card Mist Form from your hand and choose a target. That target may not deal or receive damage until the start of your next turn. (Credit Raz)

(Void Guard) Dr. Medico, the Re-Animator: Re-Animate, flip a hero character card from its incapacitated side to its active aide. It has a maximum of 10 hp. It deals itself 5 irreducible damage immediately. If it is incapacitated again, remove it from the game.

Unity the Grave keeper: Bot Sematary, discard a card. If it was a one shot or equipemnt, put a mechanical golem from your trash into play. If it was a mechanical golem, put a mechanical golem from your hand into play. [ALTERNATE POWER for consideration by Magnus: POWER: Put a card from your hand on the bottom of your deck. You may put a Mechanical Golem from your trash into play.]

K.N.Y.F.E the Ripper: Hide in the Shadows, KNYFE does 1 energy damage to a target. Reduce the next damage done to KNYFE by 1.

Monster Mash Argent Adept: Graveyard Smash, choose two hero targets. They both deal one other target 1 melee damage each.(credit Geoff)

Fanatic, the Lady In White: Chill of the Grave/Touch of Death, Fanatic does one target 1 irreducible cold damage. If this destroys the target, you may use this power again immediately. (Credit Geoff)

Prankster Expatriette: Surprise!, Until the start of your next turn, when a non-hero card enters play Expatriette may diacard a card to deal that target 1 fire and 1 toxic damage. (Credit Geoff)

What do you guys think? Have other ideas? Post them below!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Bela Legacy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Please tell me you at least don't think I'm referencing twilight and are just upset at the pun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I know who Bela Lugosi is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Full disclosure, that guise variant I think would be a lot of fun to play as. Gives him some power in exchange for versatility, and also lets him choose which card he gets if he's drawing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your ideas, Steve. Very cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks dorktron! Id eventually like to get a full list for everyone going in a halloween theme. These are just the ones i thought of in the car on my way home. No idea how balanced theyd be, but i tried to keep with the theme of tradeoffs. Even bela legacy is giving up support ( grandpa and normal) or damage (newest) for a more selfish vibe. But it works with his lead from the front and motivational charge cards. I also like the idea of giving him an effect rather than an action, but he doesnt have many out of turn plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ensign53 wrote:
Ra- The Egyptian Mummy: that's wrap!, deal 2 melee damage to a villain or environment targrt. That target's deck is unable to play cards until the start of your next turn. You are unable to draw until the end of your next turn.

Mumm-Ra's is kinda strong! It's like a Mistbound you can do from the start of the game and keep up throughout. There aren't many villains who could put up much of a fight against that. Sure, Ra runs out of cards, but who cares? The villain's doing almost nothing all game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmmm...true. ill have to look into mumm-ra's (genius!) Ability. I was just thinking about him wrapping both up in bandages. Maybe attatch a cost? Discard two cards to use it? Hmmmm.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tempest, it came from outer space!: Abduction, discard a card and destroy one target with x hp. Put destroyed card under tempests character card. X= half the number of cards beneath this one +2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Full moon naturalist (naturalist, curse of the full moon....look, I'm going for a wolfman theme here, ok?) Full moon: search your deck and discard for all 3 form cards. Randomly choose one and put it in play, and discard the other two. Put the bottom card of your deck into olay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Chrono-Ranger, killer hook.

He knows what you did last summer!

Destroy a target with 2 or less HP.

Nightmist, the fog

There's something in the fog.

Search your deck for a card named Mist Form, or, if Mist Form is in play, choose a target. It can not deal damage and cannot be dealt damage until the start of Nightmist's next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nice Raz!

I like the killer hook, but in comparison it seems like a watered down version if the tempest power. Could we change it somehow, like same text, but also draw a card, or discard a card and destroy 2 targets with hp 2 or less?

And the night most one is fun, but would want a card cost to prevent abuse like the Mumm-Ra above, or maybe specify it can't be a character card target? (So minions but not supervillains).

Or, just thought of this, what about its not if mist form is in play, but if you discard most form from your hand, and the first part let's you bring it back from your trash too? So I...reads like this "search your deck or trash for a card named mist form. Put it in your hand. -or- discard most form from your hand, choose target, that target may not deal or receive damage until your next turn"? That also gives her a little bit of utility to protect teammates.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Void guard dr.medico, the re-animator: flip one incapacitated hero character card. That card has a maximum hp of 10. It deals itself 2 irreducible damage at the beginning of its turn. When it is incapacitated again, remove it from the game. (No longer receive incapacitated benefits)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ensign53 wrote:
Nice Raz!

I like the killer hook, but in comparison it seems like a watered down version if the tempest power. Could we change it somehow, like same text, but also draw a card, or discard a card and destroy 2 targets with hp 2 or less?

And the night most one is fun, but would want a card cost to prevent abuse like the Mumm-Ra above, or maybe specify it can't be a character card target? (So minions but not supervillains).

Or, just thought of this, what about its not if mist form is in play, but if you discard most form from your hand, and the first part let's you bring it back from your trash too? So I...reads like this "search your deck or trash for a card named mist form. Put it in your hand. -or- discard most form from your hand, choose target, that target may not deal or receive damage until your next turn"? That also gives her a little bit of utility to protect teammates.

What do you think?

I did not give them more than 5 seconds thoughts actually Your ideas sound interesting. Will you have the opportunity to try them? I won't :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can, not immediately but eventually. I just didn't want to make changes that big on ones you thought of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ensign53 wrote:
I can, not immediately but eventually. I just didn't want to make changes that big on ones you thought of.

I give you the rights to
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cool! I'll do what I can. In the Mean time, I'm gonna start compiling them into a master list at the top of the post.

Unity, pet sematary: discard a card. If it is a mechanical golem, put a golem from your trash into play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
K.N.Y.F.E the ripper, hide in the shadows: KNYFE does 1 energy damage to a target. Reduce the next damage done to KNYFE by 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ensign53 wrote:
Cool! I'll do what I can. In the Mean time, I'm gonna start compiling them into a master list at the top of the post.

Unity, pet sematary: discard a card. If it is a mechanical golem, put a golem from your trash into play.

This is exactly the same as her normal base power except she doesn't have to break an equipment. It just reads: "Put a golem into play. If you like you can also swap it with one in the trash."

How about: "Unity deals herself X lightning damage, where X is the number of mechanical golems in her trash. If she takes damage this way, put a mechanical golem into play from your hand."

Great at the start of the game, troublesome later on, changes the tempo of Unity's normal game considerably. Bonus if you can find a Frankenstein pun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
Ensign53 wrote:

This is exactly the same as her normal base power except she doesn't have to break an equipment. It just reads: "Put a golem into play. If you like you can also swap it with one in the trash."

How about: "Unity deals herself X lightning damage, where X is the number of mechanical golems in her trash. If she takes damage this way, put a mechanical golem into play from your hand."

Great at the start of the game, troublesome later on, changes the tempo of Unity's normal game considerably. Bonus if you can find a Frankenstein pun!

Only problem is see here is that it's not that much different from freedom 6 unity. (Deal self damage to play golem). I was more thinking along the lines of bringing back golems from the trash. I cleaned it up in the first post up top. What do you think of this one?

Unity the Grave keeper: Bot Sematary, discard a card. If it was a one shot or equipemnt, put a mechanical golem from your trash into play. If it was a mechanical golem, put a mechanical golem from your hand into play.

That one feels like it has a little better pacing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Taking a break until the 5th anniversary character cards get here so I don't accidentally use one of their powers. Keep ideas flowing though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
Ensign53 wrote:

I guess the idea was that you couldn't play the one you just discarded. So, maybe...

POWER: Put a card from your hand on the bottom of your deck. You may put a Mechanical Golem from your trash into play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Argent Adept.
Monster Mash: Two Hero targets deal a target 1 melee damage each.

Prankster Expatriette.
Burning Surprise: Once before your next turn when a non-hero card enters play Expatriette may deal a target 1 fire and 1 toxic damage.
(It's a bag of poop on fire)

Fanatic, the Lady in White.
Touch of Death: Fanatic deals one target 1 irreducible cold damage. If this damage destroys a target, use this power again now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oooohhhh, Geoff, I like those. Especially the argent adept. I can't believe I didn't think of the monster mash. I put it up there, but I'm ordering how he'd work with needing instruments to play songs. I'll check them out and see how his deck works without that base ability.

The expatriette one looks like fun, but I'm wondering about the.......maturity level. It certainly fits with the theme though. Hmmm....might look more at that. Love the mechanic with it though. Would work well with her quick draw.

Magnus: that could be a viable alternative to the final listing I have in the first post. I will play test around with it and see what works. Looks like a great way to bring stuff back for her. I put it in the main post so it doesn't get lost. My main concern with it is that there is not a lot of options for her to put golems in her trash without the option to discard them. Yes, they'd die, but getting them to play is an issue. Both of her innate powers allowed her to play golems, the one I had suggested tried to address this without getting overpowered. She has a way to play from her hand or her trash, only one at a time, and must sacrifice a hand golem to play a hand golem. This sac'd golem is playable next turn for another kind of cars sacrifice.

Thoughts? I really want to make these viable and balanced with regard to how the decks work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.