$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Zulus on the Ramparts!» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
NIKOS SOULTANIS
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1)If one of the heroes with a Continuous Heroic Defence is employed blocking with its standee the way of a specific iButho, does it have to be removed when the box behind it becomes occupied by another ibutho coming from a different way?

2)If the reserve platoon is formed and you fire a volley with a "Commit the Reserve platoon" card do you retreat the respective iButho one box as the card mandates even in the case where no 5 came out of the dice roll?

3)A +1DRM is applied to the higher dice roll and not at will, just like the -1DRM? i.e. if the result is 3, 4, 5, 6 then you can only alter the 5 to 6?

Thank you in advance
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
AGSTEF wrote:
1)If one of the heroes with a Continuous Heroic Defence is employed blocking with its standee the way of a specific iButho, does it have to be removed when the box behind it becomes occupied by another ibutho coming from a different way?

2)If the reserve platoon is formed and you fire a volley with a "Commit the Reserve platoon" card do you retreat the respective iButho one box as the card mandates even in the case where no 5 came out of the dice roll?

3)A +1DRM is applied to the higher dice roll and not at will, just like the -1DRM? i.e. if the result is 3, 4, 5, 6 then you can only alter the 5 to 6?

Thank you in advance


1. No, only when the space that the standee is in is directly affected.

2. The card states " ...., retreat the target iButho one (additional) box ..." so I've always assumed that it meant that you had to actually hit it first to force it to retreat at least one space, then add an additional space for the card's text.

3. Not sure exactly what you mean? +1 DRM and - 1 DRM cancel each other.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NIKOS SOULTANIS
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Trevor,
Thanks for your help.
So, in (1) a Heroic Defence marker is removed only by the iButho that is being blocked by that marker via the approriate result of the die roll i.e. if it is Hook with 1 - 4? The other iButhos cannot affect it.
What I mean in (3) is can you apply the +1DRM to whatever die result suits you better? i.e. if you have 2, 4, 5, 6 can you choose to alter the 4 to a 5 instead of changing the 5 to another 6?

Regards
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
AGSTEF wrote:
Hi Trevor,
Thanks for your help.
So, in (1) a Heroic Defence marker is removed only by the iButho that is being blocked by that marker via the approriate result of the die roll i.e. if it is Hook with 1 - 4? The other iButhos cannot affect it.
What I mean in (3) is can you apply the +1DRM to whatever die result suits you better? i.e. if you have 2, 4, 5, 6 can you choose to alter the 4 to a 5 instead of changing the 5 to another 6?

Regards


Nikos,

Glad to help.

As you say, Hook, in the Hospital space, can only be affected by the iBhuto on his track, and not any of the other three - unless of course you lose because another iBhuto gets to the Zulu Victory marker!

3. The rules say: " you may add one (+1) to any single die roll result of your choice (e.g., raise a single 4 to a 5, or a 5 to a 6)" when applying a +1 DRM
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NIKOS SOULTANIS
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks again! Now it is all clear to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fliss
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
Damn fine soldiers, Cottonbalers by God! -- US 7th Infantry Regiment
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
2. The card states " ...., retreat the target iButho one (additional) box ..." so I've always assumed that it meant that you had to actually hit it first to force it to retreat at least one space, then add an additional space for the card's text.


Trevor, I interpret this differently: The targeted iButho retreats an additional square irregardless of whether casualties or other retreats are rolled due to the very high volume of fire from the Reserve Platoon's volleys.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.