Subject: A few more questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. We played last night that you could only buy one building per turn, but I see from another thread that we were wrong and that you can buy more than one building per turn, if you have enough money. However, we also played that you could build a building (at Stratic) and buy a building as a free action on the same turn. I assume this is correct, yes? Also, if you have enough fish/lumber, can you build more than one building per visit to Stratic?

2. After boasting at Farwold, we had two players who got enough Reputation to score a 7-pointer and roll over. The top token included 3 coins as a bonus, while the next one included two Influence cubes. The Influence track was full at the time, making that 7-pointer less valuable, so there was some discussion as to who should go first in moving their Reputation marker. How should the order be determined? (We had the person whose turn it was go first, then went around the table in turn order.)

3. Do injured crewmembers count against final scoring at all? We had a couple of players mount "suicide attacks" in the final round, because unless you have certain buildings, unused pirates and sea serpents aren't worth anything and you can get +4 or +5 by injuring an expanded crew, so it makes sense to risk attacking strong, high value targets in the final round to maximize the plunder (coins = VP!). Is this correct?

4. Do you have to Visit an island to handle the Event taking place there or is moving there and Hunting for Treasure enough? We played the latter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mgabbert wrote:
1. We played last night that you could only buy one building per turn, but I see from another thread that we were wrong and that you can buy more than one building per turn, if you have enough money. However, we also played that you could build a building (at Stratic) and buy a building as a free action on the same turn. I assume this is correct, yes? Also, if you have enough fish/lumber, can you build more than one building per visit to Stratic?

2. After boasting at Farwold, we had two players who got enough Reputation to score a 7-pointer and roll over. The top token included 3 coins as a bonus, while the next one included two Influence cubes. The Influence track was full at the time, making that 7-pointer less valuable, so there was some discussion as to who should go first in moving their Reputation marker. How should the order be determined? (We had the person whose turn it was go first, then went around the table in turn order.)

3. Do injured crewmembers count against final scoring at all? We had a couple of players mount "suicide attacks" in the final round, because unless you have certain buildings, unused pirates and sea serpents aren't worth anything and you can get +4 or +5 by injuring an expanded crew, so it makes sense to risk attacking strong, high value targets in the final round to maximize the plunder (coins = VP!). Is this correct?

4. Do you have to Visit an island to handle the Event taking place there or is moving there and Hunting for Treasure enough? We played the latter.

1. You can buy as many buildings as you want on your turn, but you can only build one building at Stratic per visit. You could buy and build at Stratic.

2.It is always the active player first, followed by other players in clockwise order.

3. No, they do not count against final scoring. Yes, you can mount an "all out" attack with no punishment.

4. No, you don't have to visit. You can hunt for treasure and complete the event in the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hofer
United States
Fond du Lac
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Ryan (or anyone else)...

With respect to Question 4, so for clarification...in order to complete one of the two Event cards, does your ship have to be in the corresponding town to complete that Event? That is how I played my first game this evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PriusGuy2004 wrote:
Ryan (or anyone else)...

With respect to Question 4, so for clarification...in order to complete one of the two Event cards, does your ship have to be in the corresponding town to complete that Event? That is how I played my first game this evening.

The ship must be on the space containing the island. As stated before, you need not actually visit the island.

Thus, you could move to the space where the event takes place to complete it, even if you treasure hunt instead of visiting the island.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hofer
United States
Fond du Lac
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Thank you. I think I was interpreting "visit" (as in just traveling there to visit) wrong in the above responses...not correlating it with the "Visit" (large V) action. Makes sense now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.