Popular Tags: [View All]
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm sure you used to be able to r-click an image in a thread, copy image location and paste into your browser to see where it came from.

Now, the location comes out as https://boardgamegeek.com/camo/longstringofnumbers.

I guess camo means for some reason it's been decided to camouflage the real address, but I'm curious about the reason - anybody know why that might be needed? Some kind of malware protection?

Note, if you quote the post, you can still see the original address.

Edit: Here's an image so you can see what I mean.
Edit 2: Well that didn't work, so check the image in [article=23249074]this post[/article] for an example. Why are some camo'd and others not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:
Edit 2: Well that didn't work, so check the image in [article=23249074]this post[/article] for an example. Why are some camo'd and others not?

I think that's because that image exceeded the BGG image resolution, so BGG resized it and then cached the image with and without resizing. Wrong...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hmm, both those are camo'd to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
col_w wrote:
Now, the location comes out as https://boardgamegeek.com/camo/longstringofnumbers.

I guess camo means for some reason it's been decided to camouflage the real address, but I'm curious about the reason - anybody know why that might be needed? Some kind of malware protection?

This was added to make the site work entirely over SSL, without mixed content warnings. It's added for all external images with non-HTTPS URLs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ah, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.