Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Atlantic Wall: D-Day to Falaise» Forums » Rules

Subject: 6 Jun Night GT NGS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Did NGS provide Nightime support for the Beaches on 6 Jun?

The reason I ask is because the amphibious portion of Omaha Beach usually continues into the night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Johnson

California
msg tools
You are the third or fourth person who asked that. Just to clarify I added the below bullet to the 42.10.1 (Naval Gunfire) section of the Amphibious Module.

• Naval gunfire may not be used on the Beach Display after the June 6 PM GT.

Additionally it can be inferred from the rule in the GOSS update, but since people might question it, I simply made the above addition.

11.9.0 Naval Unit Availability

During the naval unit assignment segment of the AM Weather Determination Phase, the side or sides with available naval points determine how many naval units (and their type) will be available for that GD. Each available naval unit can be used once in the AM and PM GTs. Scenario rules will detail which if any naval units are available and if there are any additional restrictions such as ammunition depletion etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thank you for indulging my question. Due to the inference, I suspected no NGS was available at night but without an outright rule thought I'd ask. You know how it is, looking for that edge to get you off those infernal beaches...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Johnson

California
msg tools
Omaha is tough!!! For an interesting take on alternate choices:

The US command didn't believe in the funnies, so they didn't use them. Try putting the same number of funnies ashore rather than all the DD tanks and see what happens!! I have done it, just to see, while Omaha is still a tough nut to crack it makes it much easier to get up over the sea wall and thru the draws!!!

Sometimes the British do have good ideas!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.