Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I ordered the game and expansions during the flash sale. It will take some time before it arrives here in Sweden so I figured I'll learn the rules while I wait.

I've found several links (both on these forums and on the kickstarter page) that claim to lead to the rulebook, but they all give me a 404 error. Any help Is much appreciated, and I'm interested in the rulebooks for the expansions also.

I read that the creator is working on a revised rulebook, but I guess that's not done yet?

Edit: I contacted Flying Pig Games directly an got this reply:
Quote:

Hello Max,

Mark is currently working on repairing the link for the Living Rules for Night of Man. Keep checking the website.

Thank you! Please let me know if I may assist you further.

Janice
Flying Pig Games

So here's hoping that the rules are ready soon. I have been watching calandales videos to get a feel for the flow of the game. And there seems to be a lot of unclear situations, specifically with the cards. There are a lot errors in the videos (and I know that a lot of those errors could have been avoided if he read these forums) but still there seems to be a few things that need answered.

For instance:

Reload and fire - Is this really only useful against the original target? How are we supposed to remember what the original target was?

First Fire - This card should read "vehicle only", right?. It seems that it does, at least the one pictured in the rulebook does.

Any reference to Infantry on the cards should really read "soft leg unit" (or similar) to avoid confusion with the human unit [bl]Infantry[/b].

Just my thoughts. Still really ölooking forward to game arriving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the living rules. http://flyingpiggames.com/products/night-of-man

Thanks for the rules suggestions. Never had a problem with Reload and Fire... it just, well, it's just never been a problem. Will work on the other suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no living rules at that link. There is a link to buy the PnP version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
There are no living rules at that link. There is a link to buy the PnP version.

Hit the down arrow... it's the first line of the description...

Quote:
Download the living rules here.

Not pasting the direct dropbox link here out of respect for Mark. Had he wanted that, he could have posted that here. There it can be updated as need be, here the link might go stale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha! I saw the FB et al links and missed the expander for the description.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the rules! Now I just need the game. Let's hope that shipping goes smoothly.

Sorry for this, but I found some mistakes and a few questions popped up. blush

p6 2.o last bulletpoint "...the selected unit may activate a power in addition to firing or in lieu of firing."
- This is pretty powerful, I'm guessing that you cannot use a regular firing action in addition to a power that tells you to fire your unit?

p7 4.c last sentence "Shaken units may only spend 1/2 of this movement allowance, fractions rounded down."
- This could have read "Shaken units may spend one movement point." Since 3/2 rounded down equals 1, or am I missing something?

p12 10.0 Headline reads "10. Soft target..."
- It should read "10.0 Soft target..."

p13 11.0 Last sentence "If the unit is Shaken replace the Shaken marker with an Ops Complete marker."
- It should make an exception to Bloodlust, 11.1 does.

p13 11.1 First sentence "...is not in the LOS (13.0)..."
- Should read "...is not in the LOS (12.0)..."

p13 12.0 Third sentence "...are on the same level (13.1)..."
- Should read "...are on the same level (12.1)..."

p16 14.1 "Reinforced Legs (+2). +2 AF."
- Should read "Reinforced Legs (2 CP). +2 AF."

p18 15.0 Artillery "...the HE Result (10)..." & "When attacking a square consisting on all Sof..."
- These should read "...the HE Result (10.0)..." & "When attacking a square consisting of all Sof..."

p18 15.1 Critical Hit 15.2 Glancing Shot Says to be played after hit but before AP draw, Critical Hit does not, should it?

p19 16.0 Inspirational Can this unit Inspire it self?

p19 16.0 No Move and Fire This simply prohibits you from using the Move and Fire action, nothing else?

p20 16.0 Suppression This ability is optional and should probably say so here.

p20 17.0 Telekinetic Blast Does this autohit against Hard Targets? It doesn't say.

p20 17.0 Spiderbot Handler "The Spiderbots may Fire, Move, or Move and Fire, during the impulse that they are placed."
- This sentence should be removed or altered if we are to believe what you wrote elsewhere on these forums.

I apologize in advance for any spelling errors, it's late and my lenses are dry.

I'm very excited about this game!

Edit: I added the same comments directly to the document.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.