GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,959 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Sicily II» Forums » Rules

Subject: DUKW landing rules question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Vogt
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying a solo campaign and I want to make sure I am doing this aspect of the landings correctly. Rule 18.5E states that SP can not be landed using ALT rolls. Note that a DUKW needs to roll on the ALT to convert from sea to land movement. I loaded SP on all my DUKW for the 10 July landings. My plan was to move the DUKW to the coast and convert them to land movement and transport points. Once this conversion was complete I could use transport point movement to unload the SPs. I assumed that the movement point conversion from sea to land was proportional to what was spent in sea movement to the landing hex. For the case of my US landings near Licata it took four sea move points for a DUKW to get to its landing hex, then after surviving the ALT roll the DUKW had 4 movement, or 12 land movement points to use. I opted to use 2 move points to unload in the hex instead.

My first question is that I still had enough move points 10, or 3 sea equivalent to move back to sea-movement. However, my feeling is that a unit can only make an ALT roll once a turn, so I left them on the coast in transport point mode for turn 2. Is this correct or could my DUKW make another ALT roll to get back in the water and head for more SP?

My second question involves the CW landings. In general my landing rolls went well (a mixed result for one US division costing me 4 LC and DGd division on the coast) but I also rolled a mixed result for a DUKW conversion to land movement for the CW side. In this case the result according to the Sicily II rules on page 16 of the Operational Matters booklet says the LC are destroyed but the units land safely but DG. But according to 18.5E SP can't be landed this way as it is an ALT roll so I chose to destroy the SP and the 2 DUKW (sadly). Is this correct or in this one case do the SP end up unloaded in the landing hex? Had I rolled a failure instead would 1/2 the SP ended up on the beach?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tam
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Follow the Map!
badge
These organisms are cleaning out an eye socket infection
mbmbmbmbmb
Post here:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.ee6b471

you get instant responses from the OCS series lead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.