Sang Min Kim
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
Hi,

I'm aware of that blessings cards can be used for my ally at a different location.

Does that mean I can aid his further exploration by using it as well?

If that's allowed, can I use another Blessing of the gods on him after he succeeds in an additional exploration?

I know that I cannot use two of the same type cards at the same time but this is technically using two cards one by one.

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording is "Discard this card to explore your location", so unfortunately, you couldn't play Blessing of the Gods to allow someone else to explore "their" location (even if another hero is in the same location as you).

You can play Blessing of the Gods to help another hero with checks related to their exploration. For example, if another hero encountered a monster requiring the hero to pass a check in order to use spells on a combat encounter (eg - Pass an Arcane or Divine check 12 to use spells), you could play Blessing of the Gods to help that hero succeed on the Arcane or Divine check. Then later, when the other hero uses a spell for the combat check, you could play another Blessing of the Gods to help that hero with their attack spell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By ally, do you mean another character? If so, no, Blessing of the Gods say: "Discard this card to explore your location." That is a command to you, the player. i.e.: You discard this card so that you can explore your location.

When you play it to add dice to another character, that is also a command to you. It says "Discard this card to add 1 die to a check." i.e.: You discard this card so that you can add 1 die to a check.

When you play a card, you (the one playing it) are always the one performing the action it grants. That might be exploring, or it might be adding dice to a check, but you are always the one performing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a follow-up to your earlier question, if your hero is exploring your location, you may discard a Blessings of the Gods to explore your location. After your exploration is complete, you may discard a second Blessings of the Gods card to explore your location again (2 explores, 2 cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawkmoon is correct. There's a big difference between adding "a die to a check" vs. "a die to your check." If a card includes language indicating ownership - you, your - then you can't use it on other characters; it's not your check so you can't play the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sang Min Kim
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
For some reason, I thought the word you in 'your location' could be another player as well.

Big Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brown
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also a general rule in the game that says that you can only explore on your turn. This covers some corner cases that might seem to let you explore during other people's turns.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.