Codenames» Forums » General

Subject: Codenames web app rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jackson Owens
United States
California
flag msg tools
I wanted to share a little codenames web app I made in my spare time. The app lets you open a codenames board in a browser on a large screen (like a TV). Other devices can connect to the same board and optionally, see the spymaster view. Players click on a cell to choose it, and all devices will see the update.

I know there are other apps for generating boards, but I don't know of any that let you replace the entire physical board.

You can try it out at: www.horsepaste.com

Here's a more complete description: http://www.jbowens.org/p/codenames-board-generator
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks very nice. I would suggest making the assassin a bit more obvious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does one connect so the "same board"? It keeps bringing up a new board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Owens
United States
California
flag msg tools
isellsunshine wrote:
How does one connect so the "same board"? It keeps bringing up a new board.

When you open up a board, the url in the browser should change to a URL unique to that board. If you send that same URL to another browser/device, it can open up the same board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson

Utah
msg tools
Great work! I also found this app, The Curator, that is similar to Codenames: Pictures. I played a couple times with friends and it's pretty good.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.groupfun.p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.