Subject: A Tablecloth is not a Playmat! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
The cloths look great, but they should not have been called a mat of any kind. They are definitely not a mat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you played on it? Other than it rolling up while sliding cards near the corners it appears to be perfectly fine to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

As Martin says the playmat is excelent for this game. The card movement is very good and it is very smooth that makes tha game experience so nice.

Perhaps for minis this kind of playmate is not suitable for the minis weight but for cards movement is great!

And you can fold to store it.

Try the game with the playmat and I'm sure you are going to change your opinion about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not mind the surfaces. They look very nice, but they missed the "mat" part.

That is all I am noting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on your definition of "mat". I have not played the game yet, so this might not count, but I have seen playmate that are made of thin "school paper"; felt; Vinyl; thin neoprene; thick neoprene; and 1mm through 3mm cardboard. All worked just fine from a material standpoint. I fail to understand how this will not work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Depends on your definition of "mat". I have not played the game yet, so this might not count, but I have seen playmate that are made of thin "school paper"; felt; Vinyl; thin neoprene; thick neoprene; and 1mm through 3mm cardboard. All worked just fine from a material standpoint. I fail to understand how this will not work.

I didn't say it wouldn't work. I just expected a mat when it said a mat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
martimer wrote:

Brad, during the campaign we uploaded a video that shows how was the playmat at KS page. Further to it, this description was added:

"It is 75x75cm (29.5x29.5in). It doesn´t wrinkle, it is waterproof, it can be folded... Playmats are 97% polyester, 3% spandex, 1 mm thickness and 275 gr/m2.

The playmat material is similar to neoprene fabric, 1mm (0,039in) of thickness, breathable, waterproof and air blocking. It is commonly used in bikers clothes. The printing is quite good and it doesn´t go away even f you clean the playmat in a washing machine."

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
martimer wrote:

You still have not defined your expectations of what constitutes a "mat". I get that this one does not fit your definition, whatever that is. The whole world (that has read this thread) knows that the mat provided does not fit whatever your definition is.

What is it you expect from this thread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
jmkinki wrote:
The playmat material is similar to neoprene fabric, 1mm (0,039in) of thickness, breathable, waterproof and air blocking. It is commonly used in bikers clothes. The printing is quite good and it doesn´t go away even f you clean the playmat in a washing machine."

Thank you!

I will look at it closer. I have several neoprene mats and this did not feel the same, though it might be because it is only 1 mm.

Not a huge gripe. Game looks good, though I have to decide how to store everything. Too much for the base box. Consider a deeper one in a future campaign or as an add on option. One about twice as deep would be much more ideal for the base game and all expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have made "box deepened" for a couple of games by cutting a piece of cardboard of the proper thickness of sufficient length to fit inside the box bottom. Not always pretty, but it seems to work well enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.