Bernardo Gonzalez
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys,

Got the game second hand, some chits were missing, thinking of replace them with wood cubes. I see in ArtsCow 5 different decks and a ton of re-versioned rule books.

So, I need help. Do you guys recommend me to buy something that is PvP, which version of the rulebook is recommended. etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

BAG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Valladolid
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Starbase Jeff Dune site is a really valuable website including some great narrative on the rules of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samy
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Chaaaarge!!
badge
First Image Ever of a Hydrogen Atom's Electron Cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Look for Ilya's PnP files; in the zip you can download the cards are broken down into core, expansion, and fan sets. Nothing wrong with sticking to the core cards; some of the expansion cards are neat but maybe too powerful as is.

Wouldn't bother using the Duel or Spice Harvest expansion rules.

This combination of the Ilya art/layout, WBC tournament rules, and other rules rewrites is my current favourite: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/92555/consolidated-dune-r...

Note that those rules may seem a little long for a newbie, but when you need detailed clarifications on various power interactions, everything is where you expect it to be. The basics are simpler than the rulebook makes it look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What he said.

Also, if you're missing troop tokens, standard wood cubes in the faction color work well. IMHO, the best change you can make to the game is printing out faction leader cards to use for the start of game traitor selection.

The original game tells you to randomly draw a traitor from the player discs and write down the name. This is inelegant and much improved by card draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.