Subject: New and sealed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Was able to pick this up new still in the shrink wrap. I love everything Marvel. Is the game rare enough that I shouldn't open it? I'm sure it will never be reprinted, and games in that category can carry some value. Is the game so good that who cares open that sucker up and get it on the table, or keep it sealed and wait to find a used copy for play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Merrillville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it has extreme value in the right market.
But yes, it's also an excellent game and worth playing!
(not helpful, sorry...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Open it. Play it.
It's worth more to play than any amount of cash could compensate for. Especially if you're a Marvel fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
There's nothing like the sound of a child's laughter to remind you that your apartment's haunted.
badge
Freedom of Speech means that the Government can't imprison you for what you say, not that the rest of us can't tell you to shut up.
mbmbmbmbmb
It should still retain value as long as you don't lose any cards or pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Before you open it, see what you can get for it. Then see if you can get it used. If the difference is substantial then I would sell it first and then get the used copy. You get to play a great game and you may be selling it to collector to whom a sealed copy would mean allot to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely recommend to play it. If you take care of the game and dont spoil or loose anything, you could still get a good price if it doesnt suit you, but if you are a Marvel fan, pretty sure you will like it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Z3RO S4B3R
South Africa
Pietermaritzburg
Kwa-Zulu Natal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Late to this, I know...

I found a copy of this game last year, and snatched it up. The box was heavily damaged, but the parts inside were in pristine condition... I don't even think the cards had been shuffled... I guess the owner punched the tokens, looked at the rules and put it back on the shelf.

I only got to play the game this past weekend. It was amazing... yeah the rules were a bit funny to understand from just reading, but I made a flow chart for the game, which you can find on the bgg page, and making it helped me understand the game, and made it easier to teach and follow.

It was just myself and my brother that played, we eventually played 2 games, the first turn of the first game, took like an hour and a half to finish, including me explaining rules to him. I read through the flow chart, gave demonstration, and read up on any questions he asked that I couldn't answer... The turns after that went really quickly by comparison.

The second game, went even quicker, we now had an understanding of what to do more, and how to do it successfully.

The game is great, it really really is. I can see why people have problems with it, and why at times it is hard to follow. But we discussed rules we didn't clearly understand, and where a bit in the rulebook wasn't missed we resolved them using them in a thematic sense to the game.

The game is fun. Every mastermind battle had us pretending our tokens where punching each other after successful attacks. The Thing used his ground slam against doom, it didn't deal damage, but gave him eneough dice to take back initiative for the next attack phase, which we discussed makes sense, as he would have thrown Doom off balance, and used that time to launch his next attack first. It is silly, but it made the game hella fun for the both of us (29 & 26 years old).

It is a great game, don't let it go to waste wrapped up and sitting on your shelf, give it a couple plays, work out the unclear rules, and enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.