Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve e^(iπ)+1=0
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've got expiring "points" at Shop Your Way - got them from a Sears purchase. Figured I'd mozy over to board games to see what they have... FFG, check. Then my eyeballs fell out. $232 for TI3! Thought I had a deal on a $108 StarCraft, and looking carefully it was Typhon. OOS stuff like Typhon is 'normal', but 2x to 3x on everything else makes me cringe when I think about someone trying to get into this hobby or if someone were interested in getting me a present.

Short story: stay away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The points also work for Kmart, if you need stuff from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Goerlitz
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Disclaimer:
I work for Sears Holdings (which owns both Sears and Shop Your Way), so take this as you will.

I just want to point out that the sellers on Shop Your Way are third party. Yes, those items are bad prices, but they aren't Sears prices, per se. The hobby games that Sears/Kmart does sell are around MSRP from what I can tell.

I am not trying to convince anyone to buy from Sears; I just want to make sure that the third-party seller bit is clear, as that can happen on other sites as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve e^(iπ)+1=0
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. I assumed Shop Your Way included searches from KMart. Also restrictions on points led me to get... tools. (yay)

It looks like online sales for KMart and Sears are the same - most at MSRP. It is the third party guys that are crazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Goerlitz
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kmart/Sears results are included in SYW, but they may not be at the top of the search results. The selection is also relatively small, so it may depend on what you search for (try Legends of Andor, just for example).

The other unfortunate part (from the consumer perspective) is that you can only spend those points on Sears or Kmart sold items, not 3rd party items. It looks like some other big-box retailers (Target, Barnes & Noble) are represented on SYW too, so I guess you could gather points (to spend at Sears/Kmart) by buying from them if you are so inclined.

Anyways, hope that helps other people who consider looking for games at Sears et al.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.