Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Avery
Canada
Kamloops
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lil' Chelsea (blue) vs. Lil' Roma (orange)
Let's join our "commentator" in the 19th minute...

"Well, it has a courageous showing by Chelsea (blue) as they played catch up, but Roma has pressed the lead and has rung off 2 straight goals to have a commanding 4-2 lead in the 19th minute. Roma has dominated midfield and has shown how strong they are this year...

"Chelsea now pushing the ball up the midfield with Roma's Lohmer trying to put pressure on close. M'Komo takes the ball tips it up to himself and has a crack at goal...oh! OH! Oh my! Well, how'd you like that! as M'Komo rings a shot from nearly midfield past a shocked Roma side and this game is now 4-3! Perhaps Chelsea plans to make a match of this yet!

"4-3, in the 21st minute and Lohmer bringing the ball thru the middle. He chips a shot over the head of the Chelsea defender, and the Chelsea keeper will leave his box to trap it...And with the Roma side pressed against their own end, the Chelsea keeper will bring the ball up himself! Chips it forward to M'Komo, who lays off to Kim. Kim sends the ball back and the Roma midfielders now find themselves bunched up. M'Komo loses the ball, but picked up by the Chelsea keeper who sends it back to M'Komo...one touch volley...AND WHAT A GOAL! A sizzler! ... The same side Chelsea just scored on! Roma caught napping again!

"Well, you wouldn't have thought this! 2 goals in 6 minutes. M'Komo with the equalizer for Chelsea, and with 2 minutes remaining, Chelsea will be rather thankful, I think, to have pulled even against such a quality side as Roma...

"25th minute now as the Roma keeper clears it from his end. Tries to send it deep and left away from M'Komo -- a mite intimidated, I'd think. Vranes, the Chelsea keeper, has stayed forwrad and is on the far side of play, unmarked. Chelsea's Fido is near the ball to trap the punt, and will tap forward. Spanola makes a brave run for the ball, but Fido sidesteps and sends a wicked, bending cross to M'Komo...who flicks with his head, no look, straight back to the unmarked keeper...OH...VRANES TAKES IT WELL...GOOD HEAVENS! THE FANS ARE ON THEIR FEET! THEY STORM THE FIELD! Chelsea has taken the lead in the last minute of play. The keeper, Vranes coming forward and pressuring the weak side, and Roma...well, Roma is stunned...what an upset, what a match, what a privilige to be here with you today to see this wonder spectacle of football..."

And what a StreetSoccer match I had with my friend Sean last night as somehow my side was able to score 3 unanswered goals for the 5-4 victory. I am astounded at how well StreetSoccer feels in gameplay and atmosphere. (The 6's came when I needed them most! =) Can't get enough of this game!

It is my pick for Game of the Month for December 2003!
http://www.geocities.com/yahugaming/GameMonth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.