Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The chart in the rulebook states that the Hutts get the same number of forces in a 5 player game as in a 3 player game, while the 2 Rebel and Imperial players get much more troops combined.
Isn´t that a serious disadvantage for the Hutt player?
Might this even be an error (though I doubt it)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
The Jakster wrote:
The chart in the rulebook states that the Hutts get the same number of forces in a 5 player game as in a 3 player game, while the 2 Rebel and Imperial players get much more troops combined.
Isn´t that a serious disadvantage for the Hutt player?

It's a likely disadvantage, especially when compared to the Hutt's having an extra planet to occupy as well (eight versus seven in the 3-player game); their forces will be thinned out that much more.

In the three-player game, the Hutts are overpowered. This statement is a slight exaggeration, but the temptation is great for the other two factions to focus on each other. When the Hutts start with a number of armies closer to parity with the other two factions, it is easier for the Hutts to achieve their victory condition of ten resource planets while the other two factions slug it out.

It's much more difficult to do when as a Hutt you're facing 2x the number of enemy troops on the board, as well as 2x the number of enemy turns each round. Diplomacy and promises of king-making become the order of the day, quickly followed up with some juicy backstabbing. But hey, you're a Hutt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
This little "oddity" is made up for by the fact that, when the other two factions have teams, they get less reinforcements per turn, due to their smaller "share" of planets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.