Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Perry
United States
Red Lion
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
My secondhand copy has four split corners which are barely held together with tape.

Unfortunately, Game Salute has no spares available so I was wondering if anyone (perhaps someone who has gone with an alternate storage solution) had a nice-conditioned box I could buy from them? If so, please post here or send me a geekmail. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Ruck
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Crabro was my first own-design stunt kite, named after a genus of black and yellow stinging insect in the UK
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending upon the type of split I have often been able to repair corners with careful application of white PVA glue - which dries clear.

A small amount of glue then holding the corner together with masking tape while it dries usually does the trick.

Pull the masking tape between your fingers several times before applying it to the box to remove most of the 'stickyness'. That usually avoids tearing the box paper when you remove the tape. YMMV.

You can then reinforced inside the box corner with a layer of paper.

HTH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill Reid
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska (NE)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used this a few times and the corners end up very strong and look good too! I saw this in an article here on BGG, sorry I don't know who to credit.

http://www.thegamesjournal.com/articles/RepairingBoxes.shtml
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hahn
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jill e gamer wrote:
I have used this a few times and the corners end up very strong and look good too! I saw this in an article here on BGG, sorry I don't know who to credit.

http://www.thegamesjournal.com/articles/RepairingBoxes.shtml

Yes- follow the steps in the above linked tutorial. I fix blown corners with this method all the time now. Do not skimp & attempt it without the bracket & binder clips.

This will be a million times easier than sourcing & shipping a new box.

Edit: Also - use a hairdryer to remove the old tape. Don't try to simply remove it by pulling it off without the hairdryer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Perry
United States
Red Lion
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. In the likely event that I don't find anyone with an unused box, I will definitely give this a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
I have both keyflower expansion boxes doing nothing. Similar length and width but about two thirds of the game boxes' height. The player screens would be a challenge to store if you don't disassemble them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Perry
United States
Red Lion
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
PeterHendee wrote:
I have both keyflower expansion boxes doing nothing. Similar length and width but about two thirds of the game boxes' height. The player screens would be a challenge to store if you don't disassemble them.

Thanks for the offer but I actually consolidated everything in the main box for this very reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.