Subject: I am sweating like a... well, I don't know-- what sweats a lot? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just spent 45 minutes driving a forklift and lifting wood pallets into the back of a garbage truck.
There are no clouds, the sun is high overhead and it is 27 degrees C (81 F) out. Anyone who think that that isn't so hot should try it out and let me know how they are afterward. I wish that I'd brought a second change of clothes to work with me today. Underwear, socks, the works.
I also pierced my arm with a wood splinter sticking out of the side of a pallet and the dried blood stain there is fairly hideous.

So I am dripping wet, with just 2 1/2 hours before I can go home-- in a car with a black leather interior. Should be wonderful.

Here's my suggestion for the answer that the thread asked:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A campfire hot dog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
What sweats a lot:

A cat in a rocking chair factory?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
MABBY wrote:
I just spent 45 minutes driving a forklift and lifting wood pallets into the back of a garbage truck.
Why would you do this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
There are no clouds, the sun is high overhead and it is 27 degrees C (81 F) out. Anyone who think that that isn't so hot should try it out and let me know how they are afterward. I wish that I'd brought a second change of clothes to work with me today. Underwear, socks, the works.
I also pierced my arm with a wood splinter sticking out of the side of a pallet and the dried blood stain there is fairly hideous.

So I am dripping wet, with just 2 1/2 hours before I can go home-- in a car with a black leather interior. Should be wonderful.

Here's my suggestion for the answer that the thread asked:

81F is hot? Seriously?

I used to work outside all the time. Doing hazardous waste management. No one stores hazmat in nice air conditioned buildings. I worked outside all day in North Carolina.

The worst was when I once did environmental cleanup at an EPA superfund site in Tennessee, it was a heat wave with temps over 100F everyday some days getting to 114f and we had to wear hazmat suits. 10 hour days. Most miserable thing I ever did in my life. For every 30 minutes we worked in the suit we had to take a 30 minute break.

pfft....Kids now days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
MABBY wrote:
Why would you do this?

Not only that, I paid them to haul it away.

I'm asking myself the very question that you did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
There are no clouds, the sun is high overhead and it is 27 degrees C (81 F) out. Anyone who think that that isn't so hot should try it out and let me know how they are afterward.

81F is like the morning low around here. devil

Out of curiosity, I weighed myself before and after my Saturday workouts and saw that I lost 5 pounds by sweating. And, yes, I do drink during that time. That's over 1/2 gallon of extra water I need to drink and not urinate...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a cool 99F in OKC today, with projected highs of 100+ through the weekend. Growing up in western PA, I didn't have central air conditioning, didn't need it, and none of our cars even had it (that I can recall).

I know I am extremely fortunate that my job is entirely indoors, with AC, and I truly appreciate the hard work done by those outdoors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hamzy wrote:
Out of curiosity, I weighed myself before and after my Saturday workouts and saw that I lost 5 pounds by sweating. And, yes, I do drink during that time. That's over 1/2 gallon of extra water I need to drink and not urinate...

I heard the other day that when you lose weight, you exhale 90% of it. Sweat and body fluids/ solids are only a small part of weight loss.
It seems that the body burns fat and that chemical process creates gas. Gas that you exhale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Springfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In high school we solved this problem in my circle of friends.

Have to "urinate" like a race horse.
Sweating like a race mule.
(There were other racing animals to describe other uncomfortable physical conditions that I can elaborate on as well.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

When it's hot, I sweat like a stuck pig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took this overweight client up a really steep Norwegian mountain (Reinebriggen) today. He should qualify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Springfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oldsin wrote:
I took this overweight client up a really steep Norwegian mountain (Reinebriggen) today. He should qualify.

Is it just me or does "taking someone up a really steep Norwegian mountain" sound like a horribly filthy euphemism?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WyantJM wrote:
oldsin wrote:

Is it just me or does "taking someone up a really steep Norwegian mountain" sound like a horribly filthy euphemism?

I like him but I have a gf at home
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Sweat like a pig" (without being stuck) is something I've heard a lot.

My worst has been when we had to wear dark blue work clothes and my shirt stains were white. The wet evaporated and left the salty behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
I heard the other day that when you lose weight, you exhale 90% of it. Sweat and body fluids/ solids are only a small part of weight loss.
It seems that the body burns fat and that chemical process creates gas. Gas that you exhale.

Yes, of course! Seriously? You inhale O2 and exhale CO2. So where do you think the Carbon comes from? Bunnies? laugh

And 81F is not hot, and you were at something like 30% humidity, which isn't that bad. The heatwave going though the Midwest...! Kansas City is at 104F, feels like 116F because of the humidity, and will be warmer tomorrow.

Count your blessings.

(Here it's 99F, but with 10% humidity it feels like 92F. Since we have a breeze and the feels-like temperature is cooler than skin temperature [about 95F IIRC], net it feels okay as long as you're not over-active.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ah, the cool comfort of an air conditioned forklift.

MABBY is just outside the frame of the picture cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Week 2017 TOKYO bullet KYOTO
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
oldsin wrote:
I like him but I have a gf at home

A gig's a gig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
I feel your pain, bro.

We had a few days of 85. I don't know how civilized people would choose to live in such an environment. Fortunately, I was already working from 10 at night to 10 in the morning so I avoided the worst of it. I started working that schedule because 70 was killing me.

Really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
105 heat index with high humidity here on the gulf coast.

It's pretty here, and I love it, but the summer can be brutal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite:

Sweating like Mike Tyson at a spelling bee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
The Patriots engineer the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history and give Brady and Belichek their fifth championship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mabby, if I didn't know any better I'd say you tried to kill yourself with a forklift!

#MST3K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:

And 81F is not hot, and you were at something like 30% humidity, which isn't that bad. The heatwave going though the Midwest...! Kansas City is at 104F, feels like 116F because of the humidity, and will be warmer tomorrow.

Count your blessings.

It's so hot here that it's killing all my hot pepper plants. surprise

Wish me luck, I'll be out at the Royals game all day on Sunday. They're predicting 97 plus whatever hellish heat index there is that day and there's no place to hide from the sun where our seats are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
sunkencheerio wrote:
It's so hot here that it's killing all my hot pepper plants. surprise

Now, that's hot!

It actually hit 100 today, over 10 degrees warmer than Death Valley. Only 10% humidity, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Narrow Gate Games wrote:
My favorite:

Sweating like Mike Tyson at a spelling bee.

I remember his quote about that.
"Everybody thinks they can spell until they get punched in the face."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.